Author Topic: 22LR 51' navy?  (Read 640 times)

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
22LR 51' navy?
« on: February 05, 2004, 08:55:24 PM »
I remeber reading a few years back about a couple of custom gunsmiths that converted cap and ball revolvers to carterige and one of the conversions posible was 22long rifle.

I would love to have a 51' navy in 22 long rifle just to plink with.  I shoot a lot of black powder, but a 22 would be real neat.

Anyone know of a source for this already made?  Or do I need to get buisy and try my own conversion when my new mill gets in?

Thanks,

Will
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Flint

22 cal
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 06:58:11 AM »
Either R&D or Kirst may be able to make one.  The Kirst with its loading port might make more sense with a Colt open top.  You may be able to sleeve a 38 cylinder and chamber 22.  The firing pin would have to be angled to strike the 22 rim.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
22LR 51' navy?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 08:10:04 PM »
Thanks Flint,  pretty much what I had in mind.  Though with the all the projects I've got going on right now it might take a few years!

I was hoping there was some place that I could get one reasonable, but will probably have to build my own if I can find the time.

Still have to get started on the "Walker Carbine" if I can get every thing done by April.
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com