Author Topic: well i guess i'm back intha VP game  (Read 915 times)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
well i guess i'm back intha VP game
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »
jus threw down ona versa-pac barrel, i betcha i've owned 6-8 of these barrels ana few complete combo/rifles. they shoot great but, not like my rugers.... keep in mind they ain't stock either ;)
so this time i'm gunna take time and try ta perfect this lil'shooter,
bein that i can make centerfire handi's perform, i must try again to make the rimfire
go where i point it, consistantly.... don't need no hints, tricks or ideas.....cuz yours ain't mine 8)
plain and simple.... no 2 are tha same ;D

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: well i guess i'm back intha VP game
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
The one thing that does seem to be the same with VP barrels is they all seem to shoot great when reamed out to .22 Mag!!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
I don't see what the problem is regarding the .22VP barrels.  I have a couple and they're both good shooters out to 50yards which is what I sighted it in for.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 02:48:07 AM »
I have not really had a problem with standard .22 LR VP barrels but it seems that gendoc has. My comment was about we who have rechambered thiers to .22 Mag. Of those we have ALL gotten great accuracy from them when rechambered to mag....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »
  My VP barrel is "good to go".. has been from day #1.  I have a Sportster with .. mag and 17 HMR, the 22 mag shoots good, but not with my basic Savage 93.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gendoc

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »
I have not really had a problem with standard .22 LR VP barrels but it seems that gendoc has. My comment was about we who have rechambered thiers to .22 Mag. Of those we have ALL gotten great accuracy from them when rechambered to mag....<><.... :)

yep andy, my rc'd mag isa keeper fer shur....... ;)

osr, oh they doa fine job...  but i'm more inta head-shoot'n small critters than punch'n paper.

how many times have you seen that tree-rat look'n at ya with one eye while hide'n roun tha back side ofa limb.....thats the kinda shots i like to take....not only give them critters a chance, but make a clean hit.

thats tha kind accuracy i want to get from the vp. and i hope to achieve it.... like my rugers can do. 8)

ok, lets compare same manufacturers rimfires...... vp vs 17m2...... not even close ::)

tha m2 is justa fine example of an excellent product that nef/h&r/marlin built ;D
we got 5 between allus intha swamp here....... 8)

sea-ya.....

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

Offline gendoc

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
well, it did'nt work out on my spare receivers, but it did do excellent on my whelen receiver.... ;)

so its gotta go !!!!  i don't mod or shim barrels :P

listing in classifieds shortly......... ;D
sea-ya.....

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
gendoc,

Whats you gottaz do is gets more spare receivers! ;) ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:40 AM »
Tings gettin a bit borin in da swamp?
Ive 'thinned the vault' a bit and decided to just dance with who I brung for a while.......also known as, I dont 'need' to collect any more projects!
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974