Author Topic: My First AR15 Custom... Black Ops  (Read 586 times)

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
My First AR15 Custom... Black Ops
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
Hunters Hut Black Ops Custom AR-15: Ok guys you saw the Hunters Hut Custom AK47 advertised on our website, I must admit it is a pretty cool weapon with that customized Solid Aluminum Dust Cover by TWS. But here at the Hut we took it one step farther, with our NEW Customized Hunters Hut AR-15 5.56 caliber, Tacticool Black Ops Rifle.

First we took a custom 1:9 twist 14.5 in. custom Bull Dog bull barrel, with a SOLID custom Less Knipe  muzzle break BREAKER. We used a Palmetto lower and  Upper and DD bolt carrier assembly. Then we put on MFT (Mission First Tactical) stock, pistol grip, and folding forearm extension. The stock and forearm each have stow away compartments built in for extra batteries. Then we added folding Magpul MBUS front and rear sights. Then we added a Full Length TROY, Viking Tactics free floated 13 in. front forearm cover with full picatinny rails from front to back. Then we added a 4 in. pic rail to the left of forearm, a 2.5 in pic rail on the right side for the light and a 2.5 in on the bottom for the hand grip extension. Underneath that forearm is also a custom gas block machined by our own Less Knipe. Then to light up your life we mounted Olight 560 Lumen  LED  EMIT Tactical Light, with a MFT mount that fits both 3/4  in, and 5/8 in to 1 in lights. Then we topped it off with a black Pmag clear window 30 round magazine. This Black beauty tips the scales at just a hair over eight pounds.

I also just installed a Eotech 512 Sight System. First range session it was shooting 5 shot groups inside a quarter at 50 yards. I got carried away with this one, but I like its looks. What do you guys think.. ??? ?

The Head Hunter….

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: My First AR15 Custom... Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
Looks good. Not sure I'd have outfitted it quite the same but several of the features you have on it are on my want to have list for my home defense AR if I ever get around to modifying one for that.

I've always thought I need to add a light but to me on the bottom rather than the side is the place for it tho I do see them to the side more commonly it seems. I like the idea of the grip on the front or at least I think I would. I like the idea of the BUIS but in my mind I keep coming back to some sort of dot sight. I have one with a EoTech Holosight and I do like it but not the short battery life. I keep thinking Aimpoint with their super long battery life but man the price stops me everytime I think about ordering one.

It's a nice package and if I read the price on the tag right you should be able to move it along to the right buyer with no trouble.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
Re: My First AR15 Custom... Black Ops
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »
HI GB:

Yeah I also am a fan of Eotech and Aimpoint. But you are correct the price is a killer for the Aimpoint.

I put the Eotech 512 on this one, even though it is not in the picture. They are great for quick acquisition and co-witness with the BUIS.

I have different setups on my personal AR's and some seem to fit and work better than others. My RRA LAR15 sports a CAA five way forearm grip. The forearm grip just seems to fit natural when I grab it.  MFT also makes a foeram grip that attaches to the forearm to a lower picatinny rail with a built in flashlight holder. When you grab the grip there is a button at the top of the grip to turn the light on and off. I also really like the 3X Burris 332 Tactical Scope. That is a pretty good bang for the buck. The reticule reminds me of an Acog.

Yep, you can trick out these AR's seven ways to Sunday. All it takes is money.... LOL

Regards PAH04
The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com