Author Topic: Felius catus remover  (Read 3067 times)

Offline grizzlyadams1874

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Felius catus remover
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »
usually a 22 cal shrouded airrifle for stealth. when i don't need stealth h&r 10ga with extra full turkey choke and federal #5 2oz loads works very well

Offline Lonegun1894

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 06:58:14 AM »
I am another one who resents being accused of enjoying the having to kill the varmints.  I do not enjoy it, but I also will not subject myself and my loved ones (human and animal) to getting the diseases that these animals bring with them.  If my choices are to have me and mine suffer or die due to someone who refuses to keep their pet taken care of, weather that is by letting it run loose and cause property damage, or dropping it off and leaving it to fend for itself, I will take care of the offending pest every single time.  If anyone doubts this, how many times have any of you seen cats use a vegetable garden as their personal litter box.  In case you haven't lookied into it, lokk it up sometime and see all the diseases and toxins you and your loved ones can get from eating vegetables from that said garden.  It really is a safety issue for me and mine.  I would much rather handle the irresponsible owners and teach them why what they are doing puts others at risk, but the ones I have around me just don't care and refuse to correct their behavior, so unfortunately the animal pays the price.  As to squirrels, well, they're good eating too, so those get eaten.  I didn't go to the trouble and expense of putting in a large raised bed garden to grow healthy food for me and mine to have the squirrels dig everything up to get at the roots, or to put in a large litter box for the neighbors cats.  The owners have a responsibility to keep their animals on their property, and not let them loose on mine.  My animals stay on my property unless they are with me so I can keep them in check and so they dont do anyone or anything any harm, and if I can do it with mine, I expect others  to be able to do the same with theirs.  I have tried educating the neighbors regarding their cats and dogs causeing damage, and was told everytime that little "fluffy" either "wouldn't do that", or "my cats/dogs go whereever they want whenever they want".   The city told me to call them and they would talk to them, and they have, with no results, so at least they tried, and eventually told me that I may have to handle it because they can't put someone here full time, so I have and do.  Trust me, I understand the revulsion to having to do it, and probably better than anyone except those who are in the same position and actually have to do it like I do, but having animals is a responsibility, and if someone is unwilling to accept that responsibility then they should not have gotten the animal in the first place.  The way it has always been explained to me is that I am responsible for anything that my animal does, weather it is something the animal did at my direction, or because I wasn't paying enough attention and it did it anyway, so personally, any damage from or to any animal that is allowed to run loose and unsupervised is the responsibility of the owner. 

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
conibear wired to a discarded brake
rotor
s.b.d. :-X

or you can always do what i do
when the neighbors dog #$&@*
in the front yard.
scoop it up in a shovel and deposit
it on offending critters owners porch.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline eastbank

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:49 AM »
i got rid of a do-do dropping biteus barkus hole diggus last week, off to the sink hole he went. now there are flyers all over asking for his return, their modus operatus was to let the do-do dropper out at 8.00pm to run all over town getting into trouble and letting him back in at 7am in the morning. their worried now that he hasn,t been back for about a week.i guess i,ll have to load a few more shells as they will be getting another one soon. eastbank.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
shells happen ;D . . . .
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »
Got to find another 410 load. Took out a Felius that was in a tree last night with a flechette round. Had to go get a ladder and a nail bar to remove the evidence ???
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 03:45:55 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ..... I'd rather shoot, shovel and shutup!  :-X 

Tim
Me too, especially, if the neighbor calls the Sheriff!

A pal of mine had a problem with his neighbors cat, spraying around his house, he complained to the neighbor, but she told him that her cat never leaves her property.  The .177 pellet gun did the trick, she complained to the local police, about my friend possibly having something to do with his disappearance.  My friend followed quicks advice, end of story!

Since a lot of you guys have confessed i guess it is my turn ;D  ( do like BB's answer for the 3 S's though)
I use a 410 3" shell loaded with surplus Flechettes

Flechettes U.S. Military Surplus One Pound Package About 950 Pieces 1 height=250
 (available from cheaper than dirt and other places)Loaded over 14grs H110 powder.
Do not use this when the target is close to a wood fence it nails the target to the fence :o
I live in the country so i do not worry about a quite load, but I can assure you it is a Deadly accurate load within the 410 range.

jeepman - Got to try that load.  A little back story on those flechettes.  The military had 12Ga rounds and arty rounds loaded with those.  We were issued some, along with mini-grenades, and XM-17 (Car 17's) for testing.  The XM-17 eventually morphed into the M-4.  From what I understand (correct me, if I'm wrong), the military stopped using the flechette loaded 12Ga rounds, as did the artillery (bee hive rounds).

BTW, do you have a loading for a 12Ga version?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 03:47:19 AM »
i got rid of a do-do dropping biteus barkus hole diggus last week, off to the sink hole he went. now there are flyers all over asking for his return, their modus operatus was to let the do-do dropper out at 8.00pm to run all over town getting into trouble and letting him back in at 7am in the morning. their worried now that he hasn,t been back for about a week.i guess i,ll have to load a few more shells as they will be getting another one soon. eastbank.
Now I know where all those lost dogs go.  ::)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
Any nuisance animal around the house.  Winchester low noise, subsonic .22 hp in my Ruger 10/22.  I actually use this round for squirrel hunting.  Very accurate.