Author Topic: Governor Brownback approval rating...better than Obama approval  (Read 347 times)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
GOP pollster points to Brownback's popularityParty-commissioned poll puts approval rating at 51 percent  By            Tim Carpenter          THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL        A survey of registered voters in Kansas conducted to rebut depressed poll numbers for Gov. Sam Brownback offered fresh evidence more people in the state approved of the Republican governor's job performance than of work by President Barack Obama.
The two-day statewide survey by Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling company with experience in Kansas, showed Brownback with an approval rating of 51 percent.
Performance of the Democratic president earned endorsement of 40 percent of Kansans in the survey.
David Kensinger, the governor's former chief of staff and now manager of the Brownback advocacy group Road Map Solutions, said he authorized the new poll to refute a series of nonpartisan SurveyUSA polls suggesting Brownback's rating was below Obama in a state dominated politically by Republicans.
"I'd describe these numbers as reassuring," Kensinger said.
Once policy reforms given life by the Republican governor take root, Kensinger said, "these numbers will increase even more."
SurveyUSA produced polls in January, February and April for KWCH-TV in Wichita, offering evidence Obama had a higher job approval rating than Brownback.
The latest poll by SurveyUSA found 43 percent of Kansans endorsed the work of Obama and 34 percent had a favorable impression of the governor's performance.
Bob Beatty, a political science professor at Washburn University, said the 17 percentage point swing in the two polls was puzzling.
"It is hard to make a direct comparison," Beatty said. "There is a huge discrepancy between the approval numbers. It's rare to have this big a difference."
He said both polls were conducted by reputable companies that have been involved in Kansas for years. The products are a useful snapshot of opinion worthy of consideration, he said.
The SurveyUSA offerings may have over-sampled Democrats and under-reported views of western Kansas, Beatty said.
At the same time, he said, the assessment by Public Opinion Strategies was based on a sample that under-represented people in the 25- to 35-year-old age group.
Beatty said the gap could be tied to a difference in how the companies handle in their surveys uncertainty of opinion. SurveyUSA allows people to choose "not sure," while Public Opinion Strategies permits people to opt for "don't know."
"Many respondents to polls don't want to say 'don't know' because it makes them sound stupid," Beatty said.
Neil Newhouse, of Public Opinion Strategies, said the poll paid for by Road Map Solutions and conducted on Sunday and Monday offered evidence the governor had resilience despite widespread distrust of public institutions.
"Sam Brownback not only has a positive image among voters in the state, but a job approval score that breaks the 50 percent mark," Newhouse said.
House Minority Leader Paul Davis, a Lawrence Democrat, said he was unimpressed by the Public Opinion Strategies offering.
"I'm much more inclined to give credence to poll numbers that come from an unbiased source than from a campaign that has a reason to inflate their poll numbers," Davis said.
Kensinger said Road Map Solutions would be operated as a policy advocacy organization focusing on Brownback's agenda. It could accept unlimited donations for the purpose of issue advocacy, he said, but wouldn’t be allowed to advocate election of specific candidates.
The report by Public Opinion Strategies was based on a survey of 500 registered voters in Kansas. It had a margin of error of 4.4 percent.
Brownback, who wouldn’t face re-election until 2014, would be the choice of 42 percent of people in the survey. Twenty-nine percent indicated their preference would be for a Democratic nominee.

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Governor Brownback approval rating...better than Obama approval
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
Daffy Duck would have a better approval rating than obama. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
"You're despicable!"  ;D ;D

ST762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
Daffy Duck would have a better approval rating than obama. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
P,P,P,P,P,P,P,Porky Pig would have a better approval rating than obammy, too.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:18:57 AM »
I am from Kansas and the way things look at this time Brownback is well on his way to ruining our great state. If he ran for president I would rather see Newt  :(  win than him. Under Brownback's policies our programs for helping people with disabilities will be gutted and run by a private company that supported him. This company is currently under investigation for nine counts of medicaid fraud. Our schools are going to be totally gutted. General infrastructure will allowed to further decay. He tries to ignore the open meeting laws. These are just a few examples. What a horses rear!
GuzziJohn

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 02:17:21 AM »
So what you're saying is that you would rather have your taxes increased.
Swingem

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:52:24 AM »
Quote from magooch:
"So what you're saying is that you would rather have your taxes increased."

Brownback is eliminating personal and business income tax. I could live with the business cut but not personal cut when the state has the needs that it has. Brownback must think Obama is doing well with the economy because his plan to make up the difference is the adding 60K jobs a year that pay 50k or better. The state has been adding about 20k jobs a year at all wage levels. Not only do I not want my taxes cut but I would not mind a small increase if I knew it would go to disability services, schools and infrastructure.
GuzziJohn

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »
Brownback's good poll numbers reflect that there are a lot of voters there who are driven by religious dogma, and whose politics boil down to being against abortion, hating gays, and vilifying Muslims.

Lot of that going around, these days.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
yt3,

Maybe there are people that are truly against murder, open abomination against the LORD, and a religion that murders people who do not hold the same beliefs.     Perhaps there is hope America, after all.

ST762