Author Topic: Anyone else have this happen to them?  (Read 968 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone else have this happen to them?
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:48 AM »
I had new sights put on my XD40sc. I was going to see where point of impact was and adjust the sights accordingly. I was shooting of a rest and when I pulled the trigger the slide came back and sliced my hand between my finger and index finger. I can't believe how clean and deep the cut was. I had to go to the ER and received 8 stitches. I know better about my left hand, but I put it too high because of the rest. Stupid is as stupid does.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline guzzijohn

Re: Anyone else have this happen to them?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:55:11 AM »
Sorry to hear that, owch! Can't remember the last time a revolver did that to me. ;)
GuzziJohn

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:20:50 AM »
I watched a novice shooter at a range shooting a Ruger MKI 2 pistol. Before I could intervene she put her left thumb in back of the bolt and pulled the trigger. Whack!!!! Her thumb was forced back and she cried out from the suddeness of it all. She learned a valuable lesson as did her boyfriend.

For whatever it's worth; she wasn't a blonde.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
Sorry to read about the stitches! I was in a hurry to beat the rain, wanting to shoot a new to me Browning Nomad. I got careless and we became "blood brothers". I have been more careful since.
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline KAYR1

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »
My buddy laid his hand wide open when he got his support hand thumb behind my Glock 27. He wont do it again...Hope you recover quickly

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
I was talking with a guy at the range and unfortunately he was paying more attention to the conversation than his shooting. A .50 Desert Eagle will slice and dice if you ain't careful! The good part was I got to shoot it while he went looking for first aid.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."