Author Topic: Got my second 25-06  (Read 392 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Got my second 25-06
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
Bought a NEF 25-06 off guns America.  Looks real good, a few scratches on the stock but so what.  It'll have a bunch more after a few trips.  Yes, it has ejectors, or I would not have bought it.  Real nice looking pallet wood stock.  The way the grain runs I first thought it had a laminated stock.  So did Tom, My FFL dealer I use.  Have not shot it yet, back has been hurting too much to get out to the river bed.  Built a gong for shooting beyond 500 yards, takes too long to run out there to check hits.  Milk jugs filled wih water are only good for one shot.  Getting tired of driving out to the 700 to 1200  yardline to replace jugs.  My partner is building two more gongs.  I'm shooting he 25-06 out to 700 yards, it still has enough energy with 110gr nosler Accubond to do the job on coyotes.  I'm playing with different (Beger) bullets with the 30-06 to see if I can't get better range with it.  Of course I'm using the Weatherby 338-378 as well.  My partner got himself a Weatherby in 30/378.    Should be shooting this weekend, or Monday.

I got a piece of 3/8ths boiler plate 36" X 24".  Got the frame of one of those covered lawn swings people leave sitting outside till the fabric rots.  Cut the legs and cross pieces down to size.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Re: Got my second 25-06
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
I want one in an ejector also but cant find one. Had a extractor that was a great shooter but parted with it for something else. One day one will come along just hope I have the cash the day I need it. Good luck with it.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
Re: Got my second 25-06
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »
Good... ;D   Like to see how you outfit it, stock, camo, etc.  And how it shoots.

Be well...
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...