Author Topic: Focus & parallax adjustment?  (Read 601 times)

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Focus & parallax adjustment?
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:09:17 AM »
It is my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't adjusting the objective lens both focus and correct parallax for the designated range? Yes or no?
 And-- I have just acquired a Simmons Pro-Hunter 4-12x40 scope with a focus adjustment on the left side of the turret. That I can clearly see does correct the focus for various distances but does it also correct parallax? It is not marked for distances you just eyeball it and turn the dial until you get a satisfactory focus.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline ilikemilitaria

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Focus & parallax adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
It is my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't adjusting the objective lens both focus and correct parallax for the designated range? Yes or no?
 And-- I have just acquired a Simmons Pro-Hunter 4-12x40 scope with a focus adjustment on the left side of the turret. That I can clearly see does correct the focus for various distances but does it also correct parallax? It is not marked for distances you just eyeball it and turn the dial until you get a satisfactory focus.
Yes, and yes. Put it on paper and you'll know real quick if things are working.
dave

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Focus & parallax adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »
THANKS
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.