Author Topic: .375 Jackets  (Read 1148 times)

Offline AdamB

• Trade Count: (0)
.375 Jackets
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
Hi from Australia,
Would anyone happen to know of anyone who is making a .375 jacket, 1.75 inches in length, preferable wall thickness .025 to .035
Would be ordering 2000 jackets at a time, maybe more...
Any ideas greatly appreciated
Thank you

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Re: .375 Jackets
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
PM sent.  It provides info on the only maker of these jackets that I know of. Another other way to get these is to make them yourself using 5/8ths rigid copper water pipe and a .375 tube jacket maker set made and sold by the Corbin brothers and others here in the 'States. It's quite a bit less expensive than a strip jacket maker set with it's required powered press.

Offline iiranger

• Contributor
Thought
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
the .223 case is just about .375 in the body. You can cut them off and fill them with lead, then you only have to worry about forming the nose. You want round nose or a point? Richard Corbin, rceco.com has dies for this work that should not cost too much in Aussie dollars and ship without a lot of hassles... Luck.

Offline swifty22

• Avid Poster
Re: .375 Jackets
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
Adam, I make mine from 223 cases cut to length and trim to desired length (approx at base of shoulder), Clean them, resize (don't reprime) them, fill w/pure lead, run them into a 221 fireball or 17 fireball FL die to form the point, put them in a 3/8 elec. drill (farmer's lathe) in a vise and file the point desired (round, conical ect). Use Imperial sizing die wax in all sizing and don't form the nose all at once do in about 3 steps. I don't anneal as I'm afraid of ripping the rims off in the sizing die. I shoot them in my 375-06 Ackley Imp. kills deer dead! Muddy