Author Topic: suprise at teh memorial  (Read 698 times)

Offline eod20

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
  • stinker
suprise at teh memorial
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »
   walked out the front door at work a few nights ago and found this next to the war memorial.
    a firing and hand made howitzer - still getting info on the builder.

looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: suprise at teh memorial
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
That's a nice looking Howie!
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline quickgun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Real soon now...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »
That is really nice looking.  Thanks for sharing.
Carl
I don't fail... I succeed in finding what doesn't work!!!

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 05:51:47 AM »
I like the secondary armament for scale....... Don't taze me bro!  ::)
the howitzer looks good let us know what you find out...
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline eod20

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
  • stinker
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
Well it seems that a local seasoned citizen and very nice gentalman in our little town, Mr Whistler and his son became interested in BP cannon and made this full scale tube and mounter it on the hand built carriage between Dec 11 and April 12. Foundthe plans on line and made all the parts thenselves, all except the turning of the tube and the elevation wheel. Even the metal band around the wheels.
  He wants to fire it soon and i had to have my arm twisted to help-----right. Seems there is a charity golf game next weekend that will be starting with a BANG.       So what to use as a salute load?   And wad or no wad?

The secondary armament was all i had at that time     I was at work and it was that or the .45 Gov.
looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
Well it seems that a local seasoned citizen and very nice gentalman in our little town, Mr Whistler and his son became interested in BP cannon and made this full scale tube and mounter it on the hand built carriage between Dec 11 and April 12. Foundthe plans on line and made all the parts thenselves, all except the turning of the tube and the elevation wheel. Even the metal band around the wheels.
  He wants to fire it soon and i had to have my arm twisted to help-----right. Seems there is a charity golf game next weekend that will be starting with a BANG.       So what to use as a salute load?   And wad or no wad?

The secondary armament was all i had at that time     I was at work and it was that or the .45 Gov.
He should be using aluminum foil cartridges the rolled foil end is your wad less chance of an accidental projectile that way........ hope you get some photo's of fire and smoke....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline lthardman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
I have a twin to that carriage in my man cave right now.  Had it for about twelve years, made by a gentleman in northern Michigan.  It is currently sporting a half scale bronze Napoleaon on it.  I have posted pics of it before.