Author Topic: replacement trigger for LRPV ?  (Read 531 times)

Offline wmdron

• Trade Count: (0)
replacement trigger for LRPV ?
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
I have a Savage model 12 LRPV in 6mmbr and sometimes it locks up (cannot pull trigger) when I close the bolt. If I cycle the bolt again usually it frees up, but it is becoming kind of a pain. According to what I have read this is an accu-trigger problem and the solution is to replace the trigger, or return the rifle to Savage (I really don't want to do this). I am leaning toward doing a trigger replacement but before I do that I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and if you have how did you correct it ? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions on a fix and of course recommendations as to what trigger works the best in these rifles should I have to go this route. Thanks, Ron...

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Re: replacement trigger for LRPV ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
Try and adjusting the trigger so that it isnt so light. It might be disengaging the sear when you close the bolt . If this doesnt work i would sudjest sending it back to savage and let them have a go at it before i have any custom work done to it. Once something is changed on the rifle savage doesnt have to honer any warenty or and liabilities if something should happen.

Offline the jigger

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:40:51 AM »
I have seven Savage/Stevens rifles and all have SSS Competition triggers.
IMHO these are the best aftermarket Savage triggers available.
Call SharpShooter Supply(419-695-3179); tell them what you have and what you want.
I don't think you will regret the call.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!

Offline wmdron

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
Thanks folks I am going to try the adjustment first and if that doesn't pan out a call to SSS seems to be in order. Jigger are these triggers drop in replacements? If not can you give me a heads up on what is involved in the change ? I am open to all suggestions and ideas so if anyone else would like to chime in feel free to do so. Thanks again, Ron...

Offline the jigger

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
They are drop-in. Never had a problem.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!