Author Topic: Kudos to Brian, and The Big Green  (Read 721 times)

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
Kudos to Brian, and The Big Green
« on: June 26, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
Sent my rcvr back for a new 223 barrel with a 1 in 9 twist.It was delivered 0743,13 June 2012.I received it back at 1655,today 26 June 2012.That is 9 work days and if you take off the UPS 3 day Special delivery(it did not move over the weekend) that is 6 days to get it in the factory,new barrel fitted packed and shipped.I do not know if this is a record or not, BUT IT SHOULD BE.THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED,AND MOST TO BRIAN.  Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Kudos to Brian, and The Big Green
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
It was delivered 0743,13 June 2102.I received it back at 1655,today 26 June 2012 :o

What warp speed was that scotty to make here back frum a century inna future.. ;D

I thought the post was gonna be about sumthing really excitin' like they was gonna bring back the profiled 158 model from yesteryear in .25 Remington.. ;D
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:38:02 AM »
spooked,I am surprised that was the only mistake in the post,thanks,I changed it.Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
Yes, Brian is great!  He got my old Topper repaired and back in 10 days total.  I think it was only in the repair area for 3 or 4 days!  I wonder what would happen if we had to deal with Remington directly?  Hmmm.   Congrats on your new barrel.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
They turned mine around fast, too - just wish they would have packed it better for the trip back.  I spent a total of about an hour on hold trying to get a replaecment rear sight blade to replace the one damaged in shipping and find out which forend fits the 28" 20 gauge vent rib barrel - they are supposed to be on their way to me, but I have serious doubts that I will get the right forend - the guy kept saying that there wasn't anything special for any of the shotgun barrels - they all fit with a little trimming.  I have a feeling I have a standard white wood forend coming instead of the checkered walnut that goes with the barrel - the guy just didn't seem interested in trying to look it up, even though I kept trying to tell him what gun the barrel fits......Just kept saying that they are all the same....  I won't go into the sarcastic reply I got to my email asking about a 17 Hornet barrel.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
They turned mine around fast, too - just wish they would have packed it better for the trip back.  I spent a total of about an hour on hold trying to get a replaecment rear sight blade to replace the one damaged in shipping and find out which forend fits the 28" 20 gauge vent rib barrel - they are supposed to be on their way to me, but I have serious doubts that I will get the right forend - the guy kept saying that there wasn't anything special for any of the shotgun barrels - they all fit with a little trimming. 

The checkered walnut TDC forend may be out of stock, The TDC was discontinued earlier this year, the part number is in the FAQs on the retail parts page, give em a call and ask for it specifically. You can sand the barrel channel of any H&R forend out to fit the TDC barrel tho, I had a synthetic rifle forend and stock on mine for a while.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
Well, I came home today and found a nice checkered walnut forend, that does fit the shotgun barrel nicely, in my mailbox. As well as a replacement rear sight blade. So I guess I have to say that they did take care of my problems, and did it the right way after all - I'm very pleased with the way they took care of it. Sorry if I sounded pessimistic before, but the telephone conversation was not very encouraging.... I'm just glad my gut feelings were wrong.....

Offline Stuart C.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
I see a "2012 Greybeard Non-Profino Award" nomination in Brian's future!
Whaddaya say? Huh?