Author Topic: Shooting  (Read 1164 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Shooting
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:06:13 AM »
Got a call from a buddy this morning. He wants to go shoot muzzleloaders tomorrow. Supposed to be 17 for a high,but, I never turn down an opportunity to burn some powder. Going to try out my new optima and he has a new traditions. Will let you know how it works out
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Jagdzeit

• Trade Count: (0)
Shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 09:36:18 AM »
Musta froze your fingers to the barrel, as we haven't heard from you yet. LOL

Stay Safe,
Franz
Oppose the 2nd Amendment, you're an enemy of the Bill of Rights.
Enemy of the Bill of Rights, you 're an enemy of the Constitution.
Enemy of the Constitution, you're an enemy of The People.
Enemy of The People, you're an enemy of mine.  :blaster:

Offline Spencer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Shooting
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 02:56:18 PM »
Well, you did have a good day.  23 degrees and nothing but sun.  I did a little rabbit/squirrel hunting this afternoon and the weather was perfect.  How did it go for you Bubba?
A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at the golf course.

Offline bubba

Shooting
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 03:35:48 PM »
it was not that bad out to shoot. IT was about 20 with a stiff north wind. The range is covered and has some make shift walls around it which broke the wind. The worst part was getting to a target holder to put up a target wading in the snow.  I was happy today with the optima. at 25 and 50 yards was shooting touching groups with a green hornady sabot and 200 grain lead 44cal bullets I mold.  Pushing them with 80 grains of triple 7 fffg. This was my first experience with that powder. My H&R huntsman loves loose pyrodex rs. The optima would not shoot it well with any combo of powder and several projectiles.  My buddies traditions he bought used and it is a shooter. ragging a single hole with 100 graind of pyrodex rs and 245 grain power belts aero tip. He only has open sites on it now, but he is a shooter. He has the eyes I used to have lol.  I have a bushnell 2.5x 4.5 x32 with the circle x reticle. I am thinking now this will be a shooter. It is the basic optima with black composite stock and nickel barrel 26 inch. I prefer my huntsman, but, I got this one for Chrismtas from my Mom so, I will use it for sure.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bubba

Shooting
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 01:48:48 AM »
Well I plan to return to the range tomorrow. I changed out the scope on mY Optima and put a 3x9x40 on it. A bushnell with the circle X reticle. Also went last evening and mounted a Bushnell 3x9x32 on my Buddies Traditions. Both are boresighted and ready to hit the range tomorrow. Will post the results again then.

Molon Labe