Author Topic: ACLU to Represent Ku Klux Klan in Adopt-a-Highway Bid  (Read 182 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
ACLU to Represent Ku Klux Klan in Adopt-a-Highway Bid
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
This should dispell any notion around here that the ACLU stands for the Anti Christion Liars Union

The American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia will represent the Klan in what it  claims is its right to adopt a section of a Route 515 in Union County. “We have  decided to represent the International Keystone Knights in this process of  attempting to be included in the Adopt-a-Highway program,” said ACLU of Georgia  executive director Debbie Seagraves. “Its pretty clear that there has  been a violation of the First Amendment and the State of Georgia and the  Department of Transportation chose to deny the permit based on viewpoint  discrimination

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/28/aclu-to-represent-ku-klux-klan-in-adopt-a-highway-bid/#ixzz204slW4FY
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ACLU to Represent Ku Klux Klan in Adopt-a-Highway Bid
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »
Viewpoint discrimination as a legal term? That's a new one on me. :o
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME