Author Topic: transporting 4 handi barrels + 1 recvr to the range; bag recommendations?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Whiterabbitttttt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Hi guys,

I'd like a single bag that can hold either one handi + 3 barrels or 4 barrels + one receiver+stock (plus an extra foreend or two, small parts like primer carriers, snap caps, etc)

Any suggestions? I've never played with an AR15 range bag, would one of those work?

If I have to modify a bag to keep the barrels secure, that can be done, but a store bought solution (reasonable price) is always better!

Any thoughts?

Offline shinjin

• Avid Poster
  • Robin Martin, retired LEO, CEO Public Safety Agenc
Chk E-Bay for some of those old shotgun breakdown bags/cases. Sometimes they are relatively inexpensive.
Another thing you could do is find cloth bags that might hold say a pool cue and use those to carry the lot in a traditional rifle case.
OR, get those silicone bags they sell at Academy and store your barrels in those and use a soft AR15 assualt bag to carry the lot.
Last suggestion, my grandson is looking for work. Hire him to carry them for you. He's not bright but he'll stand still playing his gameboy for hours, so you can use him for shooting sticks.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
See the Handi cases in the FAQs.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Whiterabbitttttt

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Last suggestion, my grandson is looking for work. Hire him to carry them for you. He's not bright but he'll stand still playing his gameboy for hours, so you can use him for shooting sticks.

Oh good, One of hte barrels is the 3.5" chamber 12 gauge barrel, I could use some padding between the buttstock and my shoulder, too!

Offline shinjin

• Avid Poster
slip on butt pad is the easiest solution for shoulder.
Also, if you can sew a little an old BOW CASE might work

Offline Whiterabbitttttt

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
looks like an AR-15 soft case may work perfectly. Has two pouches that can hold 2 barrels each with "tactical" loops all over the place allowing me to insert velcro strips to secure the barrels. There's an outside pocket for "pistols and mags" that seems big enough to hold the receiver.

The price tag is far too high. I'm hoping to find something in a reasonable price range that has these features. Perhaps a gunshow find. The case price should not exceed the gun price!

Offline shinjin

• Avid Poster
E-Bay for the assualt bags, too.