Author Topic: Anyone use IRON SITE for REDFIELD scope repairs?  (Read 839 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Anyone use IRON SITE for REDFIELD scope repairs?
« on: July 01, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »
Hello guys,
 I have another old and very nice, Redfield 2 3/4X power scope. Its in dire need of repairs the odjective lense is broken...

It's shipping out to them in the AM mail...

I was just wondering about their service and turn around time, as well as any experiences you have had with them.

Thanks,
CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Anyone use IRON SITE for REDFIELD scope repairs?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
Well I received a latter last week form Ironsite about my scope...

Seems mine is a earliest model 2 3/4X and they do not have any ocular lenses left to fix my scope... :'(

They offered to take as partial PMT towards a early refurbished Weaver scope... I think I'll just take it back and hope someone makes them so Ican get it repaired at a later date.. It was my grandfathers scope and has centimental value... I don't really "need" another scope... ::)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
Hello guys,
 I have another old and very nice, Redfield 2 3/4X power scope. Its in dire need of repairs the odjective lense is broken...

It's shipping out to them in the AM mail...

I was just wondering about their service and turn around time, as well as any experiences you have had with them.

Thanks,
CW

Be intresting to hear how this turned out for you. I have two very old Redfields myself. A 2 3/4x Widefield and a 1-4x. Love them both.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
It may help to measure the objective. Who knows there is a chance it doesn't have to be specifically for the Redfield? Even so maybe all of the glass can be changed out if there would be a focus issue.

Here are a few more contacts to try.

http://www.abousainc.com/ Does very good work.

One of the best I have had dealings with. Works on about anything.
Osborn Optical Systems, 6324 N. 79th Lane, Glendale, AZ 85303. Email is: optical-repair@cox.net[/font]
Molon labe