Author Topic: obama says, if you have a business, you didn't build it yourself.  (Read 1112 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama's curious notion of success    So President Obama just said:
 >f you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own...If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.
This is a dogmatically absolute statement. He did not say, "If you have been successful, you may have had help." He said that "if you've got a business -- you didn't build that." And as an absolute concept, it also means that without "somebody," you and your business will never be successful.

This sentiment, that success in the United States is not possible based on an individual's hard work, is one of the most un-American statements a politician could ever utter.

The President's own words make the choice in November very clear - more of "somebody" like Barack Obama helping us (and more unemployment, more welfare, more food stamps, more failed energy policy) or Mitt Romney.

One wonders if undecideds and independents really listen to what the President says. If they did, polling would already be indicating a Romney landslide.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz20lVmz5nH 

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: obama says, if you have a business, you didn't build it yourself.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »
It's the liberal mentality they can't achieve anything without someones help and they don't like it when someone else does. They know it can be done but they wont admit it because it shows them to be inept fools or evil tools.
Case in point the infestation didn't get where he is without the help of all those idiots.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
It's the liberal mentality they can't achieve anything without someones help and they don't like it when someone else does. They know it can be done but they wont admit it because it shows them to be inept fools or evil tools.
Case in point the infestation didn't get where he is without the help of all those idiots.

Pat

Hmmm, good post!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:12:35 AM »
Go and try to start a business and see just how much help you get from all the masses and government.  But you can be sure that if you succeed, they'll all be there with their hands out.  Governments of all levels of course will insist on their cut whether, or not the business is making any money.

Of course lefties (communists) want to claim credit for successful businesses; it's what they do--along with ruining those same businesses.
Swingem

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:49 AM »
I would like to see him build a business, or even work for someone who has, before he tells others how it's done.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:03:23 AM »
I would for once like to state my entire unedited, explicit opinion of Obama here, but will refrain in respect to the rules of this forum....
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »
Imagine that! The unabridged version of our presidents speech carries a different  message than the deceitful propogandist poutings.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.  There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »
Imagine that! The unabridged version of our presidents speech carries a different  message than the deceitful propogandist poutings.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.  There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

(in a sarcastic tone....) OH...COME ON Crustylicious!  You know that black, muslim, kenyan insurgent really wants to destroy America!  He's just like the airline pilots on 9/11.  "Obummer" has spent his entire life working undercover as an Al Qaeda insurgent.  His entire political "career" was nothing more than training and a tactic to get elected to the most prestigious position in the world.

You should know better than to take what people say IN CONTEXT.  It's far more accurate to pick out exactly what you want to hear so it fits into your racist, bigoted, narrow minded, ignorant agenda!  (end sarcastic tone)
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »
That is the voice of experience speaking fella's. 

He is smart  ;)

He has worked hard  ::)

Until the Office of President was given to him he had nothing.  ;D  It was simple dumb luck  ::)  that pitted him against the one Republican that even Republicans could not bring themselves to vote for.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »

That "someone" was we the people, we paid the taxes that did all of this. Government is supposed to use our tax money in a thoughtful and reasonable manner. Seen any of this lately? Obama sees himself as a king or some sort of savant but the rest of us who can see him clearly know him as a dictator and an idiot savant.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

I thought Al Gore invented the internet?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

Pat
Actually it is the same argument that the Teamsters Union used to get the UPS drivers to go out on strike to get hold ofg the Billion dollar pension fund so they could skim it.  Yes the drivers got a $.50 an hour raise after the strike but it took those same driver 12 years to recoup the pay they lost on the strike.  And the pension fund growth was reduced by 20% every year since.
Obama wants to do the same thing.  The buss boy at a restaraunt thinks he deserves more for his work and thatthe restaraunt owner that started out as a buss boy 40 years ago and has worked his way up saving and investing to open his restaraunt.  and some how the buss boy gets the impression that the restaraunt owner could not function with out him, and he has no problem voting to have more taxes stolen from the owners as it is not his money.  And any moneyu the owners have is because they are stealing it from the workers so why not allow the government to take it.

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
OH...COME ON Crustylicious!  You know that black, muslim, kenyan insurgent really wants to destroy America!  He's just like the airline pilots on 9/11.  "Obummer" has spent his entire life working undercover as an Al Qaeda insurgent.  His entire political "career" was nothing more than training and a tactic to get elected to the most prestigious position in the world.

hardertr. WOW, we finally agree on something, I was sure youd come around. I heard a preacher talking about obummers statement in the OP and he said, spoken like a man whos never worked a day in his life. I'm glad you finally get it. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41:21 AM »
The "roads and bridges" and "teachers" were paid for with taxes paid by people and businesses. Not by "the government".
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:58 AM »
Obama and his crowd are all cummunists; their is nothing new here, it's just the "One" restating what he has made clear all along.  The main purpose for bidness is to finance guvmint and the more (finance) the better.
Swingem

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:39 AM »
(in a sarcastic tone....) OH...COME ON Crustylicious!  You know that black, muslim, kenyan insurgent really wants to destroy America!  He's just like the airline pilots on 9/11.  "Obummer" has spent his entire life working undercover as an Al Qaeda insurgent.  His entire political "career" was nothing more than training and a tactic to get elected to the most prestigious position in the world.

Sounds like a fellow Birther in a candid moment....
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »

I'll take a birther anyday over some coolade drinking lost it leftist.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »
The "roads and bridges" and "teachers" were paid for with taxes paid by people and businesses. Not by "the government".
Not all roads or rail lines were built with tax dollars.
Many kids go to private schools were they are educated rather than indoctranated.
So a kid that went to private school, worked hius way up, cam up with a great idea and built a company from the ground up and has become a millionaire owes a public school teacher for his success?
And the reverse, if we did not have millionaires that hire people that pay taxes we would not have public school teachers, roads or bridges would we?  So success is needed to be taxed at a reasonable rate and government needs to do what they can afford, not what they want.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:39 PM »

Ok why are we supose to take a photo shopped copy of a birth certificate, we are not allowed to see his school transcripts, and why can he not tell us when and where he filled out his selective service card.  I remember when and where.  I was 17 and home from Military school and went to the post office in Middletown NJ 07748 and filled out the form and handed it in.
Handing in school transcripts is stantard for job interviews why not for Obama.  He may be a citizen but why can he not prove it?  All legitimate questions that have not been answered.  The birth certificate still had Photo shop hash marks on it, for a fake it really looks fake.  Why couldn't the gov of Hawaii locate his birth certificarte?
Why is it with the left the seriousness of the charge is always ignored but conservitive have to step down?

Offline Hooker

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

He sure used the word we a lot which really is a switch usually he uses the word I. In any case both are wrong he has never created anything of use to anyone. He has never held a job that created anything he has always been a parasite all of his life. All of those government achievements that he listed were only possible because of successful individuals not because of successful government.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 08:00:31 PM »

Thanks for posting the entire speech. We must keep everything in context; especially as to how it relates to BO's personal views concerning economics and personal freedom...

His main theme above, one that he learned from his Father and other Marxist mentors such as Rev. Wright ("a great teacher?"), etc., is that The State and Collectivism are superior to Individualism (which he relegates to a mere footnote here) and the freedom it allows each citizen to make his own way in life as he sees fit.

I'm sure all of his views are clearly spelled out in the U.S. Manifesto... Errr... whatever that document the Founding Fathers scribbled up is called.  ::)
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline DDZ

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
Come on guys you know "it takes a village" I've heard that somewhere before. Maybe from another Marxist.

What would a community organizer know about building a business, unless he built one himself, which he didn't do.
So my guess is he doesn't know squat about building a business.

You are exactly right Victor, we can't have Marxism with individualism involved. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »

+1 I do have to point out that you can destroy businesses all by yourself--- just ask Nitt.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss