Author Topic: Range Report on 25-06  (Read 419 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Range Report on 25-06
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »
Mounted a Center Point 3-9 scope I had sitting in the vault on the 25-06 I bought on line.  Thought I would start with the same load I use with my other 25-06.  56 gr of Retumbo , pushing a Nosler 110 gr Accubond.  One sight in shot at 50 yards in a vise.  Adjusted scope to cover hole. 

Moved to 100 yards.  2" low, adjusted to be 1.5 inches high.  Took two more shots at 100 confirmed three shot group to be 1.4 inches high.

Moved to 200 yards.  First shot dead center, shocked the heck out of Norman, me too.  Second and third shots were 1/2" lower, and 1" apart.  it started raining so I did not set up at 300 yards.  Took a pot shot at a broken clay at 337 yards.  Spotter said I looked about 4" low.

We are going to the river next time so we can set up at 500 yards.  I built a gong for using at those ranges now.         
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.