Author Topic: Semi Custom AK47 I.O. Check out this new picatinny dogleg setup!  (Read 680 times)

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
Hi Guys:

I have been playing around with these I.O. AK47's. So I decided to try and pretty them up a bit. The main problem with the AK's is that you coud never mount a optical sight without putting on a side mount. That back dust cover is so thin and never had a good setup because you have to remove it to clean the rifle. There are about three or four NEW systems in the marketplace at the present time. Here is one that I find to be a GREAT PRODUCT. It is the Dog Leg Pic System from TWS. This is a SOLID ALUMINUM back cover with the rail built in. I ordered one for evaluation and it passed with flying colors. It hooks into the rear sight of standard AK models. So I will be a dealer for this product in PA.

Just a FYI on this particular rifle. I changed the stock, forearm and pistol grip to Dark Earth colors. I then drilled and added mini forearm 2 in tac rails in BLACK to the forearm. I also added a Palm Dark Earth 30 round capacity magazine. I am a fan of the CCA five way pistol grips so I added one to this setup. I kept it in BLACK for contrast. Then I added the new TWS Dog leg pic rail setup. It also comes with a custom made rear sight by TWS, see attached. This setup keeps your line of sight very low on the rifle. It retains zero time after time.

Let me know what you think?

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com

Offline marine

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Re: Semi Custom AK47 I.O. Check out this new picatinny dogleg setup!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »
  Great job!  I dont normally care for aks but that one i really like.  The dust cover is a really good idea, i love the rear peep sight.  Does the front of the dust cover pivot at the rear sight or do you have to remove the bolts and take it off for cleaning? 

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »
That looks good. Whats the cost on the rail? I might have to add that to the Draco to rifle build I'm doing now. If reasonable I can see adding it.

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
Hi Guys:

Thanks for your comments.

To answer your questions. YES the dustcover and rail pivot on on the rear sight pin. I replaced the old pin with a heavy SS pin and clip that comes with the TWS system. The Release button and rod that goes into the recoil spring are also custom made by TWS. It actually keeps pressure on the dust cover against the frame.

The cost for the dogleg rail and the release button, they come together as a package and rod is $139.00  the peep sight is $39.00

I am the dealer for Texas Weapon Systems in PA. We have TWS Dogleg models for Yogos, & PSL Models also.

Check them out under www.shop.huntershut1.com under accessories.
The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com