Author Topic: anybody fishin????  (Read 661 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
anybody fishin????
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:37:36 AM »
ive tried to go a couple of times in the last few weeks.,  ponds are really down 2ft or more  and  the state lakes are  just dead , murky olwater, and fish arent  biting at all for me,  thought id do some river wadding , mistake, darn flies ate the hell out of me, and  lots of  place were like 4 inch deep,. sweat the testies off as well,  heck with it ,  anyone  doin any? any luck?

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
Re: anybody fishin????
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
Been out once this year a few months back on Lake Erie.  Gave my friend with the boat $20 for gas and Ohio Div. of Wildlife $19 for a fishin' license.  Caught one walleye and friends on the boat gave me two more to take home so still a lot cheaper and better fillets than if I had went to Krogers. ;D     It was a fine fishin' trip!. 8)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
yepper they do make  fine eats, i havent been up that way in several years fishing,  used to go  several times a year  :(

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
No fishing as of late, too hot and the work schedule sucks. I did get this wall art back from the taxidermist today tho, 4 1/2lb - 21 3/4" smallmouth. Caught this dude in the Ohio River last Sept. I work at a power plant as a tug boat pilot had some down time to fish.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »
Way too hot in Alabama to even think about fishing right now.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »
I`ve been out to my pond a few evens and did make a consirted effert last Sat. with my brother-inlaw, but not catching much. Did have a few left after supper with 5 adults pigging down. Oh, the only thing I`ve been fishing for is bluegills.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
No fishing as of late, too hot and the work schedule sucks. I did get this wall art back from the taxidermist today tho, 4 1/2lb - 21 3/4" smallmouth. Caught this dude in the Ohio River last Sept. I work at a power plant as a tug boat pilot had some down time to fish.

nice mount  for  sure,  would  look good  up on the wall!

Offline .54

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »

Took the boat out this week with one of my sons up near Hillsboro. The heat during the day didn't help much but about 6:30 it cooled down a  bit and we managed to catch a couple bass on spinner baits. Once it got dark we did some cat fishin and the channel cat were hittin like crazy. We baited up with chicken livers and caught a bunch of nice ones.