Author Topic: 3rd .243 handi is a winner!  (Read 367 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
3rd .243 handi is a winner!
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »
well after getting my 3rd .243 handi and getting rid of the last two because they didnt shoot as well as i thought they should. this one shoots as good as my bolt gun and with the same load which is 100 grain hornady sp over a near max load of h4350.That is great as i have about 600 of those bullets already and about 300 loaded already. Neither of my other two shot 100 grain bullets well at all. This barrel does heat up rather guick as it is a stainless regular contour barrel and will put the first two almost touching but the 3rd opens a bit but is still good say 1 1/2 3 shot group and under a 3/4 with a cool barrel for the first 2. Thanksagain  to Brian as he helped me again with issues to this gun as he has with many other.   

Offline tturner53

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 3rd .243 handi is a winner!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:14 AM »
Congratulations. I know you've put a lot of effort into getting there. I have acquired another .243 barrel and in first bench test it grouped Hornady factory 58 grainers into 2" for 6 shots at 100 yds. (I discovered my cheesey scope rings have loosened and will re-shoot that test group).It's the ammo I had on hand at the time. 3700 fps per Hornady! I think this barrel is a keeper, locks up gutentiet, like a German virgin. My problem now is the receiver it fit on has a very heavy trigger. See my post in another thread about that, different topic. My illness compells me to shoot home made cast bullets in Everything I Own, so that's next.