Author Topic: Sightron quality  (Read 1035 times)

Offline drdoolittle_1

• Trade Count: (0)
    • www.thegungarage.com
Sightron quality
« on: December 21, 2003, 03:12:28 PM »
What do you guys have to say about this line of scopes? I have no experience with them.
TIA,
Dave
The Gun Garage

God bless our troops....and THANK YOU!!!!

Offline Zachary

Sightron quality
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 05:18:44 AM »
DAVE,

I have limited experience with these scopes (mostly from use from other shooters at the gun range).  From such experience, I can tell you that I am generally impressed with these scopes.  The Sightron II models have excellent tracking and repeatability, as well as good optics.

Still, for the money, I would go with an Elite 4200.

Zachary

Offline drdoolittle_1

• www.thegungarage.com
Sightron quality
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 02:51:43 PM »
Thank you Zachary
The Gun Garage

God bless our troops....and THANK YOU!!!!

Offline Hound_Dog55

Sightron quality
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 05:46:21 PM »
I have a Sightron on a bolt action 30-06. I dont have but around 30 rounds through it since I mounted the Sightron but it is clear, bright, and my bullet goes where I aim. I have been pleased.

Offline woodseye

• Avid Poster
Sightron quality
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 12:35:56 AM »
They are known for their tracking and repeatability and the interesting warranty of replacing the scope with a new one if there is a problem. The optics are similiar to the 3200 Bushnell but slightly brighter. Reasonably priced and gaining in popularity all the time.

woods
PUT GOD FIRST
Shoot Straight - Shoot Often - Shoot Smokeless - Shoot Savage!

Offline skoutfitter

Sightron quality
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 02:56:38 PM »
Just returned a Sightron II 3x9x42.  I was not happy with the clarity when comparing it to my other scopes and one night while looking it over the light entered the objective lens in such a way that I could see dust inside.  On further investigation I found not only dust inside the tube but alot of black paint overspray that was peeling off as well.  This was my first sightron purchase and after reading so much positive about them I figured I would give them a try.  I sent it back for an exchange and will let you know the condition of the replacement.
Never forget the Creator who makes it all possible  <><

Offline coyote 2

• Avid Poster
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/schwager/
Sightron quality
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »
Looking a new scopes can boggle the mind. I am torn between a Sightron 36 power and a Weaver 36 power scope. I find that either of these scopes are really great. Both have great clarity and the knobs are really easy to use with click that can be felt. The finish on both are great. I think you would be well off with either - the Sightron is a little less money. But appears to be a great scope. (I know you were not looking at 36 power - but was just letting you know about the quality of the Sightron.) The one thing about scopes - they cost lots of money - and most of the time - down the road are pretty much worthless to sell - so buy the best and it will last you a life time........ :lol:
Don't cry because its over - Smile because it happened!

Offline skoutfitter

Sightron quality
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 06:16:12 AM »
Just got back my Sightron Scope and it is free of contaminates and super clear.  I read so much positive about these scopes I figured I would give them another try.  Next is to the range to see how it performs.   :D
Never forget the Creator who makes it all possible  <><