Author Topic: Armed attack on the Family Research Council headquarters..  (Read 968 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Armed attack on the Family Research Council headquarters..
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »
  The Family Research council is a Christian organization and conservative activist organization...  Today they suffered an attack by a very angry person.  A security guard..was wounded in his arm.

When Gabrielle Giffords was shot and wounded in Arizona we can easily recall how the frothy-mouthed leftists blamed the Tea Party and Rush Limbaugh..even though there is no record of either in any way denouncing Giffords.

If we were to use "liberal logic", then we would be forced to blame the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for the terrorist attack, since the SPLC has labeled the Family Research Council, ....a hate group.
   http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/family-research-council-labeled-hate-group-by-splc-over-anti-gay-rhetoric.php
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Armed attack on the Family Research Council headquarters..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:10:22 AM »
Ironglow,
 Might want to modify your text as Gabrielle was shot in Arizona.
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:26:31 AM »
Ironglow,
 Might want to modify your text as Gabrielle was shot in Arizona.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right you are Streak..it is corrected..thanks for the "heads up" on it.

FRC has asked for an apology but I suspect they are as likely to get one as Romney is to get an apology for being labeled a "murderer" by some liberal operstives close to the oval office..
   After all, liberals never apologize...they just say they were "misquoted" or taken "out of context"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
FRC has asked for an apology but I suspect they are as likely to get one as Romney is to get an apology for being labeled a "murderer" by some liberal operstives close to the oval office..
FRC... are they that group that used to encourage people to boycott business that didn't show sufficient hostility towards gay people? Or am I thinking of Don Wildmon's AFA bunch?

FRC wants an apology, do they? Perhaps they should chat with the folks at teh SPLC, and perhaps understand each others' perspectives. That won't make for scoring points, but it might build some understanding.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
To be branded as a hate group by the biggest hate group in American history, would be sort of like getting a trophy for winning the biggest game of the year.The Southern Poverty law center is an anti Constitution group with ties to both major political parties. Its a good friend to the NWO.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
nw_hunter,

I commend you for that statement of truth.   The SPLC is a bunch of whiney liberal commies that hate anything conservative and freedom loving.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
FRC... are they that group that used to encourage people to boycott business that didn't show sufficient hostility towards gay people? Or am I thinking of Don Wildmon's AFA bunch?  I don't recall any boycott being pronounced by the FRC against pro-gay businesses... but i do recall various "gay" organizationa and even mayors calling for a boycott of Chic-Fil-A..hiow's that working lately?  Interesting..your spin... " didn't show sufficient hostility"  ;)   ;D

FRC wants an apology, do they? Perhaps they should chat with the folks at teh SPLC, and perhaps understand each others' perspectives. That won't make for scoring points, but it might build some understanding.  Perhaps if the SPLC had sought out the FRC and asked for a chat..BEFORE condemning the FRC as a HATE group..there would be no need for an apology now..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Truthfully though..I don't blame the "gay" community for this attack..any group can have a kook among them..and this guy apparently had a head start on it.  Curiously, this nut-job was found to have some 15@  Chic-Fil-A sandwiches in his back pack, along with 50 spare rounds.
  I won't blame the SPLC for inciting this looney-tunes to violence ...as soon as they quit labeling Christian groups  as "hate Groups'..  that's only fair..

BTW;   Interesting how "authorities are trteating this as a case of domestic terrorism"  .  But the Obama administration STILL can't bring themselves to admit that Maj "Ala Akbar" Nidal and his slaughter spree at Ft Hood, was anything greater than "workplace violence'.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
They were involved in boycotts against McDonalds, Home Depot and Starbucks but their crowning attack was against the Girl Scouts!!!

The Family Research Council recently called for boycotts and prayer requests against the Girl Scouts
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/family-research-council-radical-girl-scouts

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Quote from: yellowtail3 on Yesterday at 03:24:59 PM

Quote from: ironglow on Yesterday at 01:26:31 PM
  FRC... are they that group that used to encourage people to boycott business that didn't show sufficient hostility towards gay people? Or am I thinking of Don Wildmon's AFA bunch?  I don't recall any boycott being pronounced by the FRC against pro-gay businesses... but i do recall various "gay" organizationa and even mayors calling for a boycott of Chic-Fil-A..hiow's that working lately?  Interesting..your spin... " didn't show sufficient hostility"  ;)   ;D

FRC wants an apology, do they? Perhaps they should chat with the folks at teh SPLC, and perhaps understand each others' perspectives. That won't make for scoring points, but it might build some understanding.  Perhaps if the SPLC had sought out the FRC and asked for a chat..BEFORE condemning the FRC as a HATE group..there would be no need for an apology now..
       Good responses IG.  But, I've come to the realization that YT's posts are better left ignored (sort of lessens their shock value that way).   
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
They were involved in boycotts against McDonalds, Home Depot and Starbucks but their crowning attack was against the Girl Scouts!!!

The Family Research Council recently called for boycotts and prayer requests against the Girl Scouts
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/family-research-council-radical-girl-scouts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you believe everything the PAW says..no wonder you are so often confused as to the difference between right and wrong.. ;)   ;D

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Forget it fellers! It's Christian Org, so our resident leftists take the same attitude towards it that all leftists do. "Gotta hate Christians, and LOVE Muzzies!"
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
 Kudos to Leonardo "Leo" Johnson..the unarmed operations manager, who took a bullet and still wrestled the Perp to the ground.  Here, see his family introduce him..he acted with much courage..

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=217082

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
Spin Master, spin this one! Right from the horse's whatever.

Say no to Girl Scout Cookies
http://www.frc.org/op-eds/say-no-to-girl-scout-cookies
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »

That settles it! They deserved to be attacked and they deserved every round that was fired in there direction and more! How dare they boycott! HOW DARE THEY!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:30 AM »
I've come to the realization that YT's posts are better left ignored (sort of lessens their shock value that way).   
Shocking that not all are in tune with the reich wing chorus, is it?

That's no good! This is America! We're all supposed to show uniformity in thought... right?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 01:35:43 AM »
Crusty;
  Did you read the article you posted?  I would boycott them too!  IOt appears obvious that at least some Girl scout leaders are promoting perverse lifestyles.  In case you didn't read the article, here are some excerpts from the article you posted:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   " Last year, the Girl Scouts decided to admit boys who dress as girls. When asked to admit a cross-dressing 7-year-old boy, a Colorado troop leader demurred, explaining to his mother, with tact and irrefutable logic, that her son couldn't be a Girl Scout because he has "boy parts.
  The troop leader was chastised by the mom as being insensitive and promptly was overruled by the Girl Scout top brass, who, in a statement said, "If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout." Perpetuating this cruel charade on the little boy and forcing little girls to participate in it is "inclusiveness" to the Girl Scouts. To others, it's child abuse"
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
 " I worried that my "political" stand would cause uneasiness between us, but her response put me at ease: "Well," she said, "they do use unpaid child labor to make their sales, and the troop only gets 10 percent of the revenues anyway."
True. According to the Girl Scouts' website, the lion's share of the money goes not to the troop but to bureaucrats up the chain of command in multicounty councils. The national office gets a piece of the pie, too, in the form of royalties based on gross annual sales volume - about 200 million boxes per year"..  And they condemn Bernie Madoff?
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  " Several years ago. a quarter of the Girl Scout councils nationwide admitted to partnering with Planned Parenthood, the nation's abortion giant. When questioned about the affiliation on NBC's "Today Show," Girl Scout CEO Kathy Cloninger had no compunction in confirming it."   Really?  Should little girls be selling cookies to help kill other little girls?  .
 ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  " The Girl Scouts have been "pro-choice" for years, but now they've been caught supporting promiscuous sex for girls. The Planned Parenthood sex guide offered at that "girls only" U.N. meeting offered this advice on Page 11: "Some people have sex when they have been drinking alcohol or using drugs. This is your choice. ... If you want to have sex and think you might get drunk or high, plan ahead by bringing condoms and lube or putting them close to where you usually have sex."
  I guess liberals figure we would ALL want this crap taught to our little girls..but that's their values, not ours..
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Here's how the Girl Scouts treat those who don't "toe the line'..
 " Earlier this month, a young Girl Scout employee, Renise Rodriguez, made the mistake of stopping by the office to do extra work on her own time in a T-shirt bearing the words: "Pray to End Abortion." A supervisor ordered her to turn the shirt inside out or leave the office. She left, for good."
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
      Crusty;
    I'm pleased that you posted that article taken from the official FRC publication.  It proves that the FRC is very concerned with protecting little girls, keeping them safe and guarding their mental health..while it sure looks like the Girl Scouts do not..

BTW:  The boy scouts aeem to have values which are 180 degrees from the Girl Scouts..do you dislike the Boy Scouts?

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 04:32:52 AM »

Anything that comes from a org. that has the likes of Alec Baldwin ,Jane Lynch and Seth Mac Farland on the board of directors is nothing more than a liberal spin.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »
I've read the shooter had a bunch of chic-fil-a sandwiches in his backpack; no word on whether they were fried or grilled.

Here he is being collared by the bicycle cop:

Maybe he was really hungry, and anticipated a long siege.. or maybe he's a wacka-doodle.

But get this: one of the things the cops charged him with, was a felony rap, of... bringing firearms across state borders.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over - wassup wit that? It's illegal to cross into DC with guns, or what? Anyone know the story on this?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
  I don't know for sure, but I think it's one of those "catch 22" things, where if you have it locked in the back of your car or truck and are doing nothing else wrong..they may not nail you...but if you did something wrong  as this guy did, they have more to hit you with..
  Don't know for sure though...just guessing..

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
  I don't know for sure, but I think it's one of those "catch 22" things, where if you have it locked in the back of your car or truck and are doing nothing else wrong..they may not nail you...but if you did something wrong  as this guy did, they have more to hit you with..
Well that just sucks... one more reason to detest the state, and their LE minions.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »
Last I heard, it is illegal to bring into or possess a handgun in DC.

cops got this one right.    Also says something about the militant pervert movement.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto