Author Topic: Bud's Gun Shop  (Read 3048 times)

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Bud's Gun Shop
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:35:11 AM »
Don't know if this is the right place for this but I didn't know where else to put it.
 Has anyone done business with an online dealer called "Bud's Gun Shop"? If not I advise don't. I ordered a Charter Arms Target Bulldog from them Feb. 8th, paid with my credit card and am still waiting for it. They have a place to "check status" of the order but all that tells you is "processing". They have another place for "customer service" where I entered a query on my order Feb.17th and all I got was an email confirmation and a ticker number. Today, two weeks and a day after placing and paying for my order I phoned their so called customer service number and got automated voice mail. I went through the process of pushing buttons, entered my order number followed by the pound sign when directed to do so and got disconnected.
 Has anyone else had experience with these scam artists and if so what did you do about it?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Bud's Gun Shop
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »
Never had a minutes trouble myself.  Delivery to my ffl is always within 48 hours of the order but I do double check availability before hand.  I do know they are getting terribly big and over 90% of their business is now from online sales.  I would suggest you contact Rex McClanahan as he is one of the 4 present owners and as I understand it, in charge of online sales. 

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:16 AM »
Actually I phoned in my order and was told they had two in stock at the time. I only discovered they had a website after I received their email confirmation of my order. So how do I contact this Rex McClanahan?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »
I've bought from them before CJ, didn't have any problems to speak of.  Seems top me I heard they could be slow on shipping, and they took their time shipping one of mine, but...

OH!  My FFL has my '51 Richards Conversion!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »
If you phoned in your order to begin with you already have a contact number.  Speak to the same sales rep you spoke to when you ordered or ask for Mr. McClanahan.  I would have to wonder if your chosen ffl isn't on file with them or some other paper snafu.  Like I said before, I've never had a problem one but my ffl gets shipments from them multiple times a week. 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:03 AM »
I've bought several rifles from Bud's online, they're a bit slow to ship sometimes,  and contacting them can be a PITA, but my FFL always received the rifle in less than 2½-3 weeks including a week of intransit time, I've never ordered a handgun from them.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:30:27 AM »
Well I just got an email back from customer service saying my gun is "due to enter the shipping department today". That's the first thing I've gotten that wasn't an automated reply. Initally they said 3-7 working days and I thought that was pretty slow but assumed 7 was the outside. Today is the ninth working day, not counting President's Day which few private businesses recognize and not counting the day I placed the order. To my thinking two weeks plus is way to long to just be getting around to the shipping depatment, what have they been doing for two weeks? If they need more help I hear there are a lot of people looking for work.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
Anybody have their web address?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 01:02:52 AM »
Ive bought 3 guns from them and all were positive experiences
blue lives matter

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »
Over the years since I held an FFL I have dealt with Jerry's Sports, Williams Shooters Supply, Natchez, Graffs, Midway, Southern Ohio Guns, Century Arms, Cabelas, Black Hills and probably a few others I can't call to mind at the moment. None of them ever took more than three days to ship an order and often, if I placed an order in the morning, it went out that same day. Even stuff I've bought through Amazon.com, small appliances and repair parts, books and DVD's never took over a week to ship. When I sell something on Gunbroker I make every effort to get it shipped no later than the day after I receive payment, the same day if at all possible, even though it costs me a 35 mile drive to the post office, I think that is just ethical business.
 I am by no means the only one who has a gripe with Buds, google "Bud's Gun Shop" and you'll see plenty of  customer complaints, the general concensus seems to be that they have good prices but zero customer service. I'm not picking on them, just relaying my experience and still waiting to see the gun.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »
Never had a minutes trouble myself.

Me neither . I have made a few purchases and all went smooth as clockwork.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline evidrine

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »
Never any problems. The last order I made did take a little over a week before it was shipped, but not so bad.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
Shipping is a little slow at times, but if you want it today go to Cabela's or local gun shop... I go there to save money, not for overnight results.  I bought a Remington mountian rifle from them and saved $250 including FFL charges. And they had it in stock, where Cabela's had to order it. Yes, it took 10+days, but I can live with that...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »
AS info:

Just got an email from Buds. They broke their daily sales record since they have been open last week twice.
They are averaging 3,000 users on line at a time and all the phones are jammed. Last time I was in there I waited 30 minutes just to get to the counter to pick up a gun.

They are slammed and it looks like it is getting worse.

Doug

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 12:47:46 PM »
Spoke to a buddy who went in there yesterday afternoon.  He was told online sales there was phenomenal and increasing rapidly.  He also said parking was almost impossible and there was a line waiting to use the range. 

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 04:03:56 AM »
Sounds like everyone is getting ready for the next election.  ;D

I've heard a few people complain about Bud's from time to time.
I figured when you have the volume they do you'll screw up once in a while.
Doesn't make it any better if it's you they mess up.
But the truth is most people buy there because of selection and price.
That usually comes at a price.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Online JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »
Sorry for your troubles. My experiences have been great with Bud's.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
I finally received my gun about three weeks after ordering, it only took two days in transit once they actually shipped it. Today I received this email from Bud's explaining the delay.

This notice is being sent to all customers who recently placed an order with www.budsgunshop.com and may not necessarily apply to your order.
If you are not already aware of what is going on in the firearms industry, there is no doubt you soon will be via the media. Our sales in the month of February were over FIVE TIMES what they were back in February 2009 following the last presidential election...and you may recall those were some pretty crazy times ! We did plan for 2012 to be another challenging election year....but we admittedly did not plan for this level of volume, and definitely not this early in the year !
Although your order may not have experienced a delay, we would like to apologize to anyone who has, or is currently, experiencing a delay in shipping. Our order volume unexpectedly skyrocketed in February, far beyond our capacity to process and ship. We immediately began the process of expanding our facilities, adding additional staff, and working extended hours...but those efforts are just now starting to pay off.
The good news is that we are starting to get back on top of things. We are currently shipping out more orders each day that what we are taking in, so it is now just a matter of clearing the backlog that was created in February. Since Monday we have been able to ship out 300 more guns than what we sold during that same time....so the backlog should be cleared shortly at this rate. We are shipping oldest orders first (first in - first out) so clearing this backlog will cause some newer orders to ship closer to the "7" in our advertised "3 to 7 business days" terms. Many repeat customers were so use to us shipping in 3 days they started to get concerned when their order had not shipped in 5 days...even though we were well within our "3 to 7 business days" terms. Also, "business days" refers to Monday-Friday only, as neither UPS or USPS pick up packages at our warehouse on weekends.
We sincerely apologize if you experienced a delay and assure you we are continuing to do everything we possibly can to prevent future delays. We have also suspended all cancellation fees for any delayed orders. If you order has been delayed, and you prefer to cancel your order at this time....we will be glad to accommodate that request with absolutely no fees....we need more guns anyway !
We appreciate the business and commit to do a better job next time if given the opportunity.
Kind Regards,
Team Buds

I guess the "Doomsday Preppers" are overwhelming the gun business.

Offline blaze

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:58 AM »
Coyotejoe:  I can certainly agree with you on this subjest.  I ordered a Henry rifle from Bud's in April this year. Even paid the extra 3% for CC  to speed transaction (big mistake).  My order sat in Buds internal system for six (6) days before being shipped!!!  Shipping took 3 days.  On top of the slow proceesing there was a $5.00 price drop during this time or with in a day or so and I lost out on that too!!!  Not good service or customer relations.  My dealer , by the way, was one of their "Preferred FFL Dealers".  This was my first dealing with Bud's (usually buy local or auctions sites).   I just expected alot more from Bud's after what I had heard about them.  May use them again or maybe not.

Offline mrcooper

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
BUDSGUNSHOP.COM
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 05:52:14 AM »
I ordered a rifle from them and am very pleased, lots of communication and things are going along good, i don't have it yet but it will be here Tuesday the 14Th. i ordered it on the 3rd and sent postal money order on the 3rd by regular mail, they got it on the 6Th and started processing, their in Kentucky and I'm in Oregon. this is a used rifle and they said it was 90% so I'll let you know later about that.

Offline mrcooper

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
Re: BUDSGUNSHOP.COM
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
No one seems interested so wont bore you with the out come

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »
I've bought several from them and everything went smooth as silk.  What did you buy?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »
The problem with the internet is we want to talk and we want folks to listen.
You may post a blog such as this and never get a reply---don't mean people don't read it.
You really didn't ask a question mrcooper---does not make yo a bad person.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
I guess the "Doomsday Preppers" are overwhelming the gun business.

Maybe a bunch of Libertarians and some Liberal fence sitters too.  Nothing wrong with either of those and well wishes to all of them for a safe and happy experience, particularly when it comes to Fence Sitters.

Waking up with the realization in 2012 that the world isn't safe, SHTF events are a dismal reality, and such an event comes in all varieties from Drive Bys, to McDonalds gatherings, to mass murders in theaters and on military installations, may drive those who would ordinarily be uninclined, to become inclined. 

Personal fear is somewhat mitigated with the purchase and practice of long and hand guns, provided events progress in a fortunate manner for the lawful carrier and the carrier has the stomach for it.