Author Topic: Just the start!  (Read 424 times)

Offline tjeffords

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Just the start!
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »
I started with an NEF 20ga Pardner. This is what I have done so far:

I put an ATI Six position collapsible stock, and a Scorpion recoil pad. (Pic included)

What im going to do:
 Add a F920 fully rifled 24" heavy barrel with the scope rail. A red dot sight. And a paint job for the receiver and different color for each barrel.

Offline tjeffords

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Just the start!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
Have heard some rumors about the ATI stock collapsing while firing. Well decided to try it out on my own (Didn't have a way to remotely fire it right now.) Fired both Remington 2.75" 7/8 oz of #6 shot and a Winchester Super X 2.75" 3/4 oz rifled hallow point slug. Neither made the stock collapse. Scorpion Recoil pad wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Daughters might not care for the recoil but I plan on fulling around with it and see what I can do. But so far so good. Just need to come up with the money to Duracoat the barrel and frame.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »
They aren't just rumors, I wouldn't recommend the ATI for use on anything with significant recoil unless you make it so it can't collapse specially if using a scope.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,229208.msg1099273649.html#msg1099273649

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
I know that different folks have different tastes and wants, but what's the point?  Not meaning to be a smarty pants, but I fail to understand why one would do this to a perfectly good gun.

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone