Author Topic: Tracker 11 Scopemount  (Read 322 times)

Offline SJB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Tracker 11 Scopemount
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
Hi, fellas- hoping I can get some advice on this. I'm having my 20 ga.  Tracker 11(open sites) drilled for a scope base and I want to mount  the  scope as low as possible and be able to use the original straight comb stock. I will bob the hammer if needed, I was hoping someone may have already done this and could let me know what size rings and scope they used  or if this is not possible and I need to use med/high rings and get a Monte Carlo stock let me know that as well. Thanks !

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Tracker 11 Scopemount
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:52:01 AM »
my tracker is factory D&T and i think it takes a weaver #82 base. eastbank.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Tracker 11 Scopemount
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
There are lots of scoping possibilites listed in the FAQs sticky, how low it's mounted mostly depends on the scope itself, how big the ocular bell/power ring(if variable power) are and how far forward it's mounted, rifles and shotguns share the same bases and hammer arrangement, so that makes no difference. The Weaver #82 and Ultra bases can be used to mount a small fixed power scope in low rings so the scope is ahead of the hammer, that's shown in the FAQs also, a larger scope will require medium or high rings to clear the hammer unless hammer mods are made, low profile hammer mods are also covered in detail in the FAQs.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain