Author Topic: Possiable New Convert  (Read 492 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Possiable New Convert
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Worked on a new convert yesterday.  A new guy, to Alaska, he does not own a rifle.  Older gentleman, Viet Nam vet, retired Navy.  He and his wife have been living on a farm in Illinois for the last five years.  Met him at brunch yesterday, took him to the range yesterday after eating.  He shot my .223 Ultra, the 30-06, the .35 Whelen, and the 45-70.  He really liked the ejectors, especially on the 45-70.  Got a feeling he will be in the market for a 45-70, or an 06, real soon.

Told him they ruined a good hunting gun by removing the ejectors, but they can still be found on the after market.  Told him where to look.

Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: Possiable New Convert
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
Rog,
  Solid work! Way to show him that he doesn't need a overpriced bolt gun to get the job done. Did he mention where in IL he previously resided?

Thanks, Dinny (Still in Afg) :-\
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
He did mention where he was from but I can't remember.  It was near the Kentucky border.  He brought up two Tennessee Walkers.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
I suppose it speeds up reloading, for my situation I prefer extractors. Looking thru mud or snow for the cases doesn't improve my mood of the day. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
Congrats on the convert. But it has to be asked, what is an Illinois farmer doing in Alaska?  :)

Take care over there Dinny

Lonny