Author Topic: The Civil War Guru is back!  (Read 955 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
The Civil War Guru is back!
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »
Listen and learn brethren.

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
Re: The Civil War Guru is back!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »
I think the banjo music at the end was appropriate.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »
I love the banjo, and the pointer; the Guru is good.
Here's another one I missed: In this vid the Guru not only has his trusty pointer, but it's also pre - banjo, so we get treated to some mellow jazz piano, and to top everything off the Guru is even sporting some fine headwear. Keep an eye out for the "original pivoting tool."

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »
 :o  Hey! If it's on the internet IT must be TRUE!!!!....  ::)
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
I thought that was, "If it's on TV, it must be true."   ::)
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »
I'll go you one better; wasn't it originally 'If it's in print, it must be true'? ;)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
Quite possible; I wouldn't be surprised if it is that old.  Remember the advice given to budding politicians in the 1830's: buy yourself a newspaper before you do anything else.  Because you can't rely on the existing ones to get your word out. 

Too bad TV networks are so expensive.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »
I'm so happy we have the Civil War Guru or how would we ever know all these true, very-little-known historical facts he's just full of?  All I can say, by Golly, is that he's a true, genyouwine National Treasure!  Three jeers for the Civil War Guru!

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »
What someone should do is do a spoof of him.......  the artillery piece should be a 1960's Johnny Reb Cannon in "genuwine" plastic...... the Guru could then tell us all how this was a "genuwine" Connfeduate Cannon and how they used to guard bridges and such with cannon like these....etc....etc...... I think after a few spoofs like that the "EX-SPERT" might leave the internet......
EX-SPERT DEF: EX = Has been /Spurt = drip under pressure........
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
"Real men of genious" We salute you Mr. Civil War Guru, you never made it look so good, made us feel the thunder of battle, the clearing of smoke, our enemies running in the wind, so set down and have a nice cold Bud-lite and pat yourself on the back Mr Civil War Guru, this rounds on you............................................ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
 You guys seem to be implying that some of the things he's saying aren't eggacly accurate. I can't hardly believe y'all would argue with anyone wearing an Honest Abe style hat.  ;D
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 03:13:26 AM »
You guys seem to be implying that some of the things he's saying aren't eggacly accurate. I can't hardly believe y'all would argue with anyone wearing an Honest Abe style hat.  ;D
there were more carpet baggers and snake oil salesmen wearing that stlye hat then Honest Abe........... So if the hat fits........

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »
Youse guys gonna learn somethin' when the G-man starts gettin' called in as the no.1 artillery expurt on the Pawn Stars. Oh, yes indeedy, they know that the old G put the f in factfinder. LONG LIVE THE GURU!