Author Topic: Jokes and non gun topics  (Read 3359 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Jokes and non gun topics
« on: February 07, 2004, 09:11:15 AM »
While Greybeards is a like a family as most forums are lets consider this the Marlin Gangs living room! Feel free to go to the other sites here  and participate. But maybe you want to share a thing here like we did at the Marlin Talk Misc section. By all means feel free to go ahead and post it here just keep it with in Greybeard's  guidelines. I went to the joke section and it looks like if it is clean or at least PG go ahead and post it here. If it is dirty do not  post it or clean it up first. I have taken lots of jokes and did a laundry job on them and they wre still funny. Same with the political stuff we used to post or just plain info like Dali used to post newspaper articles ect. As long as we keep it at least PG from what I could see of the joke section and do not get into head bashing over the political stuff we should all be fine. Yea I know I was as guilty as the rest on banging heads on some of the political stuff but I do think we can do it here in a polite manner.  So I think we can post most any thing in our little spot here as long as we abide by the rules. I am looking forward to some of the discussions like we used to have!! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 10:09:40 AM »
What do the highlighted bullets mean?

For reasons that are unclear to me, this could never have the same soul as MarlinTalk, simply predicated on being moderated.

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 11:49:58 AM »
Predicated,

Now what kind of 2 bit word is than Nanook?  :-D  :)

Dave :)
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 01:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Nanook 450

For reasons that are unclear to me, this could never have the same soul as MarlinTalk, simply predicated on being moderated.
The more post the more the bullets get filled out only up to the 5 there though.  No I doubt nothing will be like the old marlin site but then with moderators here I doubt if there will be the fighting and or bickering either. Some of the folks there while entertaining to some were down right trolls.  That will not be tolerated here if they show up and register fine as long as they behave all will be cool. I extended a welcome to Dali and so far he has not showed up so maybe he thinks it is too strict here I do not know? Will not seem the same with out him though. I know some thought he was troll like also but mostly it was when folks baited him and that would not happen here. Jim

Offline Fullchoke

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 04:10:10 PM »
Hey jh45gun,

I've got a non-gun question. Are you the one fixin' the biscuits and gravy for Sunday breakfast? :)

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 05:01:37 PM »
It would be a long way to go for breakfast :) and I am out of sausage  :(  Oh well thanks for the reminder will have to get some at the store as soon as I get the vehicle running got to work on it tomorrow the fuel pump is not getting any power and I did replace it so it has to be a wireing thing but I have a friend coming over to morrow to look at it for me. been 3 weeks with out wheels and that sucks! Jim  :(  :(  :(

Offline BamBams

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 06:32:14 PM »
You gents are right.  This place won't be the "same" as Marlin Talk, BUT that doesn't mean it can't be as enjoyable.

On MT, there were quite a few folks with a very thin skin who were easily set off. Honestly, sometimes I would just sit back in my chair and laugh until I almost cried at some of the totally outrageous posts made by some posters.

But again, there are "elegant" ways to post outrageously -- without breaking the rules of good manners.  I look forward to that challenge...hehe.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline NYH1

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 06:32:55 PM »
jh45gun, so does that mean if fwiedner finds us he can be "regulated" so to say? :?
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 06:23:56 AM »
Quote from: New York Hunter
jh45gun, so does that mean if fwiedner finds us he can be "regulated" so to say? :?

Hey we all deserve a second chance now and then and it is not my right to not to say who can join and who can not if Fwed showed up and behaved him self I would have no problems with that. I kinda doubt that he could behave him self though but that is a other issue. Who knows he might show up might not.  I guess we will wait and see maybe knowing that this place and others are moderated he will look for a unmoderated one like that AK site I keep hearing about? Jim

Offline Dali Llama

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 06:28:55 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Quote from: Nanook 450

I extended a welcome to Dali and so far he has not showed up . Jim

:D He be baaaaaaaaaack and delighted to be here, say Dali Llama! 8)  8)  8)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Thanks For Letting Me Know Where Everyone Is..............
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 07:33:06 AM »
I've been lurking and doing a little posting on the 3 or 4 places we seem to have settled. It's good to see each and everyone of you and, yes, if fwiedner shows, that is ok, too; ticking  someone off is everyone's right as long as it's done within the rules.  It's good to be around friends again so soon after the ship sank!!
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 07:41:06 AM »
Hey Tubby Welcome I changed your one word as I do not know if GB would consider that swearing or not but why take a chance. :D I suppose he might have let it slide I am not sure. We are all settling in here and I suppose some things will happen out of habbit that we got by with at MT that we cannot do here. I know I have to watch my self also at times.  Jim

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 07:48:39 AM »
Hey Tubby Welcome I changed your one word as I do not know if GB would consider that swearing or not but why take a chance. :D I suppose he might have let it slide I am not sure. We are all settling in here and I suppose some things will happen out of habbit that we got by with at MT that we cannot do here. I know I have to watch my self also at times.  Jim

Good Job!.............wouldn't want to pi...........er, TICK off the boss the first post :oops:

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 07:58:11 AM »
For the most part those words that are really out of line have been entered into the automatic censor program. Not too many of them. As long as you don't have to be creative in the spelling to get it past chances are it is OK "in moderation". Meaning over use just for shock value would be construed as objectionable. Used sparingly as spice those words not in the censor list should be OK.

Anyone being creative to avoid the few words I've placed in the censored list will get at most one warning depending on just what they forced upon us. The F word no matter how doctored will get you booted FIRST TIME without any hope of a reprieve.

GB

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 07:58:44 AM »
Well Tubby I am kind of feeling my way around this also as the rimfire section I moderated before here and still do we only talked guns so issues that may have a word that is not accepted never happened there. So I contacted the other moderators and GB to find out what goes here and what does not as I want things to go smoothly but I do not want to be a dictator either. I just want every one to have a good time and follow the rules now I have to find out exacty what and what does not go here. :D Jim

Offline Fullchoke

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 08:19:33 AM »
So why even risk pushing the envelope? Most of us are adults and shouldn't need to use foul language to communicate with each other. Man if it gets under your skin, just ignore it. No battles will be won or lost over the internet.

foul language= bad words
fowl language= Fried quail :wink:

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 08:24:18 AM »
Well Tubby I am kind of feeling my way around this also as the rimfire section I moderated before here and still do we only talked guns so issues that may have a word that is not accepted never happened there. So I contacted the other moderators and GB to find out what goes here and what does not as I want things to go smoothly but I do not want to be a dictator either. I just want every one to have a good time and follow the rules now I have to find out exacty what and what does not go here. :D Jim

Yah, Jim......this is going to be a good place!!  It's too bad that at MT some always thought that a suggestion to moderate one's language was a challange to go farther than necessary. I didn't, however, think running to Ed on every little thing was necessary :(  Maybe this board will bring out the maturity in some of the children.

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 08:27:07 AM »
Quote from: Fullchoke
So why even risk pushing the envelope? Most of us are adults and shouldn't need to use foul language to communicate with each other. Man if it gets under your skin, just ignore it. No battles will be won or lost over the internet.

foul language= bad words

I really need to defend myself here!!  The word changed WAS NOT foul; I think Jim was being overly concerned :wink:  If he likes, Jim can confirm this!

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 08:38:24 AM »
If the word posted then most likely it isn't one that is gonna cause a lot of sweat here. There are a few that I have left open for use as "spice" so to speak which I feel is as it should be with adults even when in the presences of youth and ladies.

Abuse is another matter and woud involve an excess of them all strung together. That would indicate shock value rather than use as spice in your conversation. The really bad words are in the censor for automatic removal as long as spelled in the normal manner. Intentionally attempting to spell them to avoid it would also be considered abuse. Using S*** gets you point across with no concern. Just common sense will get you by fine here.

GB

Offline Fullchoke

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2004, 09:09:32 AM »
Quote from: tubbythetuba
Quote from: Fullchoke

foul language= bad words

I really need to defend myself here!!  The word changed WAS NOT foul; I think Jim was being overly concerned :wink:  If he likes, Jim can confirm this!

Sorry tubby,if I offended you. No need to defend yourself as my comment was made in general and not aimed at you or anyone in particular

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2004, 09:40:18 AM »
I think we are just feeling things out in our new home here guys like I said the issue never came up in the Rimfire section that I moderate. It looks like GB spelled it out so I guess we are good. Jim

Offline Big Hext Finnigan

• Contributor
    • http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »
Howdy,

I'll throw a couple of pennies in here as well...
If you say, I'm so pissed.. that's strong language, but not really offensive.
If you say, JoeBobFred, I am so pissed at you.. then you are moving towards fighting words and we're gonna move to control that situation.

Just flat out cussing, well.. that's what traffic jams are for, right?
Adios,
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.  - Edmund Burke

Offline BamBams

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2004, 12:46:14 PM »
This is funny already!  Here we are, grown men, trying to figure out what fowl language is! Sheeeeeeesh........quak quak quak!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2004, 01:45:42 PM »
Tubby started it!!!  :blaster:   :-D :gun4:
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2004, 01:53:12 PM »
Quote from: VTDW
Tubby started it!!!  :blaster:   :-D :gun4:

There I was, caught between two Okies with machine guns.......and they can't hit a thing :-D

:)  :)  :)

Offline powderman

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2004, 01:24:58 PM »
Actually guys the PI$$ word is quoted in the Bible on several occasions, No, it is NOT a bad word. POWDERMAN.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2004, 01:54:20 PM »
Now thats funny :biggun:  :toast:
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline jh45gun

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2004, 02:11:07 PM »
Powderman is that with or with out the dollar signs. :)  Jim

Offline IntrepidWizard

VALENTINES DAY
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2004, 02:11:16 PM »
Valentines:

Little Melissa comes home from first grade and tells her father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day. "Since Valentine's Day is for a Christian Saint and we're Jewish," she asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

Melissa's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to?"

"Osama Bin Laden," she says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden," her father asks in shock.

"Well," she says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish girl could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

Her father's heart swells and he looks at his daughter with newfound pride.

"Melissa, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," Melissa says, "and once that gets him out in the open, our troops could blow his a@@ off."
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

Jokes and non gun topics
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2004, 03:55:14 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk