Author Topic: Sidekick  (Read 912 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Sidekick
« on: February 07, 2004, 08:28:53 AM »
I ordered one the other night from my local gun shop. Have not went back to see about it, but I got the blued one with the 26 barrel. Cant wait to play with it a bit
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 08:59:15 AM »
Hey bubba,

What kind of price were the Sidekicks, both blued and stainless, if you don't mind me asking? Did he tell you they were in stock at his distributor or were they put on order? Thanks for any answer.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bubba

Sidekick
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 03:04:49 PM »
Hey Yote np prices as of yet. Also they were not out to his distributor yet. Sorry I could not be more help
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Sidekick
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 03:11:53 PM »
I have been waiting to see my first Sidekick. I want to get a BP rifle, and the Huntsman is readily available around here, for about $159, but I'll wait to see the Sidekick and it's price, before I decide on one or the other. I had to give my local dealer an education on the Sidekick, so hopefully he'll remember and get a few in.
Don

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Sidekick
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 03:14:06 PM »
Bubba,
  I'm an old New York State resident, now in PA. I had lived outside of Oneonta, not quite as far North as you seem to be. What area are you in? I have relatives up near Lake Champlain.
Don

Offline bubba

Sidekick
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 04:17:54 PM »
I am in the St Lwarence Valley right on the river. I look across my yard and see canada basically.  Ogdensburg area basically.

Molon Labe

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Sidekick
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 04:20:44 PM »
H&R lists the longer barrel as a "magnum".  Does that mean it will take the 150gr powder load?
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Sidekick
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »
Quote from: bubba
I am in the St Lwarence Valley right on the river. I look across my yard and see canada basically.  Ogdensburg area basically.

Bubba,
  I have a cousin that's the Sherrif up near Westport, NY. I always loved upstate New York, just couldn't find much in the way of work up there. That's the problem with all of the good areas.
Don

Offline bubba

Sidekick
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 01:34:16 AM »
According to H&R both are capable of the magnum loads of 150 grains. I never saw the need, I just like the longer barrel. I have a huntsman and it is as accurate as anything I ever shot. with 90 grains of pyrodex rs and 245 power belt or a 240 grain hornady jhp

Molon Labe

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Sidekick
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 08:54:51 AM »
Bubba
You say both, do you mean both models of the sidekick?  They have always siad the Huntsman max was 100.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
Sidekick
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 09:49:16 AM »
Bubba;
i didnt know that the sidekick had a 26inch barrel......i wish they offered the huntsman in a 26 through the barrel acc. program.

im corious to see how well the 26inch barrel would handle (mag) charge loads......100gr thru 150gr

my huntsman shoots best with 85grains pyrodex.......when i climb over 90gr. i get lots of fouling and groups start to spread.....just not enough barrel lenght to burn all the powder.

let us know when you get it in and how it shoots.

TCB

Offline raynor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Sidekick
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 10:05:39 AM »
From what I've heard, the Sidekick will cost $5.00 more than the Huntsman.   :eek:  The nice thing is, NO background check for a Sidekick.   :grin:  ~~ SV

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Sidekick
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 02:54:15 PM »
Quote from: silver vaquero
 The nice thing is, NO background check for a Sidekick.   :grin:  ~~ SV

It all depends where you live, here in PA. like you we won't have a paper trail with the Sidekick, but across the river in NJ they will still need a purchase permit, and all the paperwork that comes with the Huntsman. From what I understand, the Sidekick will have a regular and Magnum version, but I think the only difference will be the 26" barrel on the Magnum version. At least that's the only difference the new catalog points out.
Don

Offline blckpwdrshootr50

Sidekick
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 02:56:50 PM »
Has anyone handled a sidekick? They look and sound like they would shoulder much more comfortably than the huntsman.