Author Topic: GET YOUR 44Mag, or 357mag NOW  (Read 999 times)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
GET YOUR 44Mag, or 357mag NOW
« on: February 07, 2004, 01:29:11 PM »
if any of you want a 44mag, or a 357 you better get them now!!!!!!!! as they are both being dropped. they are selling off what they have, then they will be gone. my dealer was told that yesterday on the phone. they claim the HP rifles are selling better, so they are dropping the lower end stuff, and making more of the HP stuff. i thought i would pass this on to everyone. i know there are alot of people out there that like the low pressure calibers, and if you want on of these you better move fast. they only plan on keeping the 30-30 and the 45-70 for the lower pressure stuff. i guess they are caving to the big gun thing. but i wanted to warn all you guys to get your barrels, or new guns now.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 01:48:41 PM »
I posted at the old forum that in Antlers Okla. there is one each of these guns for $219 apeice at the local gun/pawn shop there. I'm not sure what the name of the place is but I have gotten two phone #'s :
1st is to Smith's Gun and Pawn _580-298-9822
2nd is to 271 Pawn and Archery_580-298-3505
Hope this helps some of ya find one for yourselves before they are all gone.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline JPH45

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 02:11:16 PM »
Interesting, it seems to me that the decision was made within the last two weeks or so of the shutdown to drop the 357. Within a couple of days, the 44 was being discussed as being dropped too. Now, the interesting thing about these two chamberings is that they are the most readily rechambered for the home tinkerer, and there was at the time a reamer being passed around and openly spoken of on the board to rechamber a 357 Mag to a Max. While the discussion that lead to this was nearly 6 weeks in the making, within 3 weeks of the reamers purchase and use... SHUTDOWN.... Over the same time, a conversation about rechambering the 44 to a 445 Super mag, or even 444 Marlin had been taking some shape, the originator was simply waiting on a 44 to purchase and try out. Where does this leave us? With supposition, suspition, and remarks frooom the company on thte shutdown  now posted where there was once a "Welcome".......

I have my 44. I have my 357 (Maximum, since April or May of last year) I have a 30-30 which I do not know at present if I will ever do much with and I have a 45-70. I feel for those guys that don't have one yet, it seemed that the more I wrote of the loads I was using and the success I was having with my 44 and 357, the more people were seeking them. (I would like to think that was all about my success, but probably had more to do with others using me as a guinea pig)

Since I have all the rifles I would ever use,  I am more in the search for a shotgun, but would be more inclined to buy one of the Baikal models than anyone else's. I hate it for those guys who were looking for a 44 or 357 Handi, could I suggest that they look to the Bakial single shot or double in 7.62x39???? Looks very sweet from here.
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 02:16:03 PM »
:shock: Glade I got my 44 mag a buddy talked me into it, darn good close in deer gun. I would think they would keep makeing what is selling. :?  MY loyalty is slipping :(
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 01:22:44 AM »
well we all know about these magnum nuts out there, and all the 400 yrd deer hunters. now i love my 243, and my 30-06, but i also want to build a 44 mag carbine, yes cut the barrel, put a new front sight one, and add a williams peep on the rear of it, now i cant buy a 44mag unless i do it now................... that stinks too i pre ordered a 22-250 in a handi rifle, but i guess i will have to drop that order for the 44mag.  i even thought about doing a 444 convertion on the 44, as i had one at one time and regreted selling it ever since i did. but i am kinda bothered but what this company is doing, i own a bunch of there guns, and was planning a a few more calibers before summer, now i dont know if i want to or not. but that is another topic for another day.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline jeff223

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 03:57:45 AM »
its to bad that nef is dropping the 357 and 44 mag.i was fired up at first about the 357 to 357 max change but i didnt want to send one of my frames in for the new barrel.its  my understanding nef will change any mods that were made to frame.they want their guns to meet their standards.the light trigger is out exct.the 357 is hard to find now but are out there still.also the 44mags are out there.i am still undecided on the purchase of one of these.kind of changed my mind so to say.if one comes along at the right price i will own one.

i do think that the posts from myself,silver v,perklo,leftover dj,jph45,rv and many more did have alot to do with the close of nef talk.all the mods to the triggers,rechamber jobs and then barrel stubbing i can see why they pulled the plug.the info for the trigger jobs from silver v and perklo is great and i did 3 of them.the triggers on these guns are easy to do your self.1.5lb triggers on a handi is not out of the question but i guess we should of never posted and made statements that we did our own work like that on their site.

Offline .308

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 11:40:22 AM »
Quote from: jeff223
i do think that the posts from myself,silver v,perklo,leftover dj,jph45,rv and many more did have alot to do with the close of nef talk.

Yep, I think I'm one of the many more. I feel like I may have been partly to blame for them pulling the plug, too. :(  But how were we to know, didn't feel wrong. Just ideas being passed around among friends, to try and make a good product better. Shoot you can sue anybody for anything nowadays anyhow. But, we have an new home(s) so all isn't lost. Jeff you DJ and the guys did a fantastic job getting the word out to us. I appreciate it.  8) BUT, I feel part of the problem rests with H/R. They could have asked for volunteer 'moderators', like the ones we have on duty here, and given the moderators or us a list of 'rules to live by' and everybody would have known what the rules were and if they couldn't live by them, don't let the door hit them in the backside on the way out. Instead they just pulled the plug w/o warning. That's 'fine' it belongs to them, but they sure 'burned their bridges behind them' with a bunch of folks with that move. Maybe opening it up 'read only' for a couple of weeks will smooth things over.  If what I just said is too harsh/opinionated for this forum please let me know and I will tone it down, seriously. Thanks again, 308