Author Topic: Every EX-H&R Member check this out!!  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Wlscott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Every EX-H&R Member check this out!!
« on: February 07, 2004, 09:11:17 AM »
Apparently we are a bunch of hoolagins :grin:

Go to Bell m TC's site and look under H&R Forum no more.  

I wonder who that H&R guy is anyway :wink:
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 09:21:38 AM »
wlscott
Yes I read that one and the H&R guy seems mixed on his feelings.  While some of the later posts were getting off topic, the reader obviously didn't read very much or he would have found most of the bantering was good natured among those that have become "online" friends.  Too bad, they missed the best part.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 09:34:56 AM »
Wlscott can you post a link to that site?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline JPH45

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 10:55:10 AM »
They ain't seen hooligan yet :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 11:07:37 AM »
Wlscott can you post a link to that site?

Nope not here. He was once an advertiser here who couldn't stop bashing TC and other TC after market suppliers. He was banned. His loyal followers gave me so much trouble I have stopped the site name or URL from showing up here. Still they bash me and this site at every chance. I don't allow his site and prefer the AR site links not be given for that reason. Just tired of their BS and lies.

GB

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 11:14:51 AM »
Sorry -  still learning the ropes here - sure am glad for a forum that is monitored and have no problem with it at all - in fact I am darn glad of it!
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 11:26:26 AM »
Well this says it all.....

From H&R talk opening screen.  I usually don't see it because my favorites list takes me right in, but I decided to take a look and this is what I cound.  Enjoy... :roll:

H&R 1871 LLC - "H&R Talk" Corporate Policy

We noted that “H&R Talk” was cancelled because of “technical and administrative considerations”. As you all know, H&R pays to have our website – including “H&R Talk” – on the Internet.  It is, therefore, a company sponsored feature.  This makes H&R responsible for what appears on the site.  As you know, many statements, questions and recommendations appear on the site that may be factually wrong, provide dangerous information, or contradict H&R safety instructions.  Ideally, “H&R Talk” entries that we disagree with or are just plain incorrect, should be answered by H&R at the site in a timely manner.

This task simply cannot be done because of lack of personnel – thus it is truly an “administrative” problem.  To continue with “H&R Talk”, leaving these concerns, questions, and issues unanswered, is a situation that we do not consider acceptable.

To allow former “H&R Talk” members the opportunity to retrieve e-mail addresses or download listed posts we are opening “H&R Talk”, without the ability for users to post, until February 20, 2004.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the discontinuance of “H&R Talk” causes you, but due to a wide variety of issues we have no alternative choice.

Later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 11:48:14 AM »
Hey Wlscott, I just went out and reread the post.  Thanks for the heads up, I saw it when it originally came out looking for ex-h&r talkers but hadn't gone back.  Glad I did.  Cross his site off my list of ones to visit or refer work to.  He can stay in his "good" company.  I'm glad to be in all of your company.  :grin:

Graybeard, thanks for being patient with us as we learn the rules.  I know we're probably causing you alot of work and trouble right now educating us on our new home.  Thanks again!  You've made us feel very welcome!!!

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 12:20:25 PM »
Handirifle, believe me when I say that H&R guy isn't mixed in his feelings.  He was just trying not to be an ass about it  :wink:  :wink:

GB, sorry if I posted about a site that you don't care for.  I did realize I may be in trouble when I couldn't even post the name of the site :oops:

I just really thought that the other H&R guys deserved to know how they were percieved by others on the net.

Offline JPH45

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 12:56:22 PM »
wlscott, it is probably going to take a while for all of us to detach emotionally from that site and move on, but whatever was said should have been said NOT to someone else on another site, but to those of us who made the h&r1871 Talk board, and it should have been said like a man, to our face, and been given the full light of day to all it affected to be judged on its merits in a forum where it could be discussed, accepted or rejected. For someone after the fact, to post on a site where few if any of us are going, is yet again another example of the esteem these companies held theit best customers in even if in fact it is someone from H&R . It would have been a very simple matter to have banned Mortie....it was afterall done here.....it would have been a very simple matter to have banned myself and others for all the talk of reloading and rechambering, or have simply stated that the continuation of such talk would result in the boards closure. But none of this was done. For all we know, the picture you allude to is one of mikeb's neighbors with a sarcastic note that is writen by mike himself attached.  He did afterall recieve quite a rebuking from several of us over at H&R Talk who know the difference between a 30-30, a 309 JDJ, a 30-444 and what ever that concoction was he was trying to sell. Go back and look at the files, they are open.

This above all is why if you have a problem with someone, take it to them. It may not be easy to work through or clean up, but eveyone is at least given the chance to be honest and forthright. If you are going to talk about me, have the balls to say it to my face. If it comes to me through the rumor mill that you had something to say, I will hunt you down and give you the opportunity to have a clear conscience. The bottom line is that Marlin/H&R1871 did not have the kutzpah to come to our faces, and I for one will never recommend to anyone the purchase of a new arm from them. Mortie is toilet paper compared to what is in the water in this bowl.

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 01:08:38 PM »
YOU ALL KNOW WHAT???? H&R is just pissed off because of people like me who HATED the fact they imported a china made junk pump, and said "AMERICAN MADE" and i almost forgot, i said you can drill and tap a NEF shotgun safely!!!!!!!!! what a bad man i am, well i guess i am such a bad guy, i will have to not give them china supporting SOBs another dime of my money.  kinda funny, i dont think any of this stuff was going on before marlin bought them out. got to make you wonder???????
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 02:32:57 PM »
JPH, H&R Guy is me.  I went over there when I read some references to his post on another site.  When I read that basically they thought we were a bunch of idiots, it kind of ticked me off.  

I posted those rebuttals in our defense because I knew he had been over on H&R and didn't have a kind recieving from the members due to some of his ideas.  

This above all is why if you have a problem with someone, take it to them. It may not be easy to work through or clean up, but eveyone is at least given the chance to be honest and forthright. If you are going to talk about me, have the balls to say it to my face. If it comes to me through the rumor mill that you had something to say, I will hunt you down and give you the opportunity to have a clear conscience.

This basically is what I did.  I heard he was talking smack about people on the H&R Board and went and checked it out.  I posted to call him on it, and didn't get anthing in return except the entire post was deleted.

Hmm...makes you wonder don't it?

Offline JPH45

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 03:37:19 PM »
No wlscott, it doesn't make me wonder, it is typical of people who do nothing but stir up trouble to sit back and watch others have  to shovel through it, then when someone gets wise and looks to the trouble maker....vanished.  Explains why I couldn't find the thread. I looked.  Trust me, I have no beef with you, I do have a beef with Marlin/H&R. It doesn't matter to me that they shut the sight down, how they went about it is the mark of schoolchildren, not adults, addressing adults,  in an adult world.

A simple read through 3 months issues of 6 gun magazines would have told them what kind of discussions they were going to see. I do not believe for a moment that the decision was not made at the start of the Talk board that if things went badly in their eyes they would just pull the plug. That NOTHING was said of any problems they had (only once do I remember such a thing and it was on "Marlin Misc. Talk", a thread concerning gays was pulled. That was 6 months ago.  "Dali Llama" started the thread. Go figure.

The whole point is that if they were not willing to go the distance of a "no holds barred" message board, then they should have never undertaken the board as such to begin with, nor have allowed it to continue without stepping in and descibing some limits. We are all after all human and given enough rope... will jump off the boat.

I just wish that someone had acted in a more responsible fashion. Perhaps on both sides. Good Shooting, JP

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Let it go guys
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 03:58:19 PM »
Guys:

We have to get over the anger and hurt by what those fine folks at Marlin did.We are in a new home now,that will treat us with respect as long as we treat it that way....You gotta remember that profanity and dissing someone really isn't tolorated here...as much as they do deserve it....Each and everyone of us has a right to be good and ticked off...lets show them that we aren't baffooons,idiots,and low lifes,by acting like the true sportsmen/gentelmen we are.We also can call them and let our feelings be known by telling them in a curtious way that we can always spend our hard earned money on their competitors products....I do believe that those who control the corporation will soon realize their underlings folly,and put things right.After all this is America and the Mighty $$$$$ rules.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 03:16:33 PM »
my posts on that site were in no way defending H&R's decision to shut down the site.

I was just calling him on his BS.  As far as I know I may be banned from that site now as I haven't been back yet since he deleted it.