Author Topic: Leave for a week and look what happens  (Read 768 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Leave for a week and look what happens
« on: February 08, 2004, 03:39:39 AM »
Just got back from Texas, what happened?  Tried to read the threads here, but still doesn't say what exactly happened.  I was already registered here at GBO's.  Please, somebody fill me in on why H&R talk was shut down.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 03:54:38 AM »
:D  MAD DOG welcome back, was it a hunting trip, and if so how was it??? the H&R board has been shut down. guess it was because too much talk about drilling the shotgun barrels, unsafe reloading, rechambering, you know all the stuff like that. i guess it was overall about too much "UNSAFE" things being done. i guess they decided to cave in and just drop the board, i wish they had come to all of us and said what was going on, and given us a chance to change things and keep the board up, but in a way i guess it does not matter now anyway.  or maybe it was the fact a bunch of us slammed them for importing junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who nows, and who cares. this is a good bunch of people.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline jeff223

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 04:04:51 AM »
i do think that the posts from myself,silver v,perklo,leftover dj,jph45,rv and many more did have alot to do with the close of nef talk.all the mods to the triggers,rechamber jobs,the drilling and tapping of the tracker 2 and then barrel stubbing i can see why they pulled the plug.i posted pictures of mods done to my guns and many others did the same.the info for the trigger jobs from silver v and perklo is great and i did 3 of them.the triggers on these guns are easy to do your self.1.5lb triggers on a handi is not out of the question but i guess we should of never posted and made statements that we did our own work like that on their site.

(no unsafe work was done by me and my guns are safe) i just want everyone to know that

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 10:18:33 AM »
What was NEF/H&R importing?
mt
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline green jeans

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 11:11:34 AM »
Not positive, but I think they are, or will, bring in a pump shotgun from China.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline JPH45

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 12:14:30 PM »
Since we don't get the opportunity to discuss it there, I would like to point out that although quite a few of us had done and recommended a few rechambers, by and large, there was nothing we recommended that was in anyway unsafe or out of line with the cartridges they already offer. The simple fact of the matter is, the 357 Maximum operates a 48,000 cup while the parent case that Remington uses to form the brass is 223, both sharing the same case diameter at rim. The 223 operates at 52,000 cup. Add to this the fact that they themselves had offered the 357 Maximum on the CAST IRON frame!!!!!! Many had asked about rechambering the 223 to 22-250, again the idea was supported, not just by so called casual shooters but by H&R themselves; how many times was it posted that H&R had discontinued the 22-250 offering and who is currently offering the chambering????? None other than H&R!!!!! How many times was the answer to the question "can the Handi be rechambered to cartridges like 300 Win Mag and the Winchester Short Magnums answered with a resounding .... NO ..... I challange ANY firearms engineer, designer, or powder manufacturer to prove that any rechambering or reloading that was advocated or published on H&R Talk by the regular members of the board to be unsafe. I will ready admitt that I published loads that are under those published in the reloading manuals, I challange anyone to use them and even to pressure test them and prove they are in anyway unsafe, except that when double charged would prove excessive. But then that is a condition that we must always guard against when dealing with pistol cartridges and powders.

The truth is that there are stupid people in the world that do stupid things.
It is also true that some stupid people think that others should have to pay extra for their own stupid actions, and have been able to convince a few other stupid people  that they are right. Since we have ended up in a world where someone can sue for millions of dollars for spilling hot coffee on their crotch and win, it is understandable that a company making firearms wants to insulate themselves as much as possible from stupid people. They are not alone in this desire.

jeff223, I know that you were not slamming us.
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 02:56:48 PM »
:evil: Yep I think ya got it in the x ring JPH 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired