Author Topic: winchester mod. 100  (Read 2214 times)

Offline mikepow

• Trade Count: (0)
winchester mod. 100
« on: December 03, 2002, 03:11:01 PM »
I got a winchester mod. 100 auto  in 308 fellow needed cash to pay a fine I had never heard of the gun but I liked the looks of the gun and was looking for a 308. Well It now is one of my favorite guns shoots up a storm took it to sight in and after 6 shots ,all where they should be I figured it was ok never touched the scope(Tasco)3-9 I find Tasco a good scope for the money so no coments. But my question is has anyone else had experance with this mod. Is it a good one? Or did I just get lucky?
Mikepow :biggun:

Offline jhm

win 100
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 03:28:33 PM »
the win 100 was a fine weapon,  years ago it was one of the hottest guns going in michigan. here in Ar. a couple of my friends have them and have had them for several years and wont part with them for anything.  they are in love with the gun.  Enjoy its a good gun and a good caliber.  :D   JIM

Offline Bear Wallow

• Avid Poster
winchester mod. 100
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 08:10:23 AM »
I just bought a m-100 for $400 @ 99% with the magazines and sling.  I couldn't believe this guy was selling his dad's gun.  It also has a new but old Weaver K2.5 and Weaver mounts that let you move the the scope to the side to use iron sights.  e said his dad shot a box of ammo through it and it looks like it.  It's in 308 and was made in 1961.  What a find for me. I can't wait to shoot it.  If anyone can give me info on m-100s let me know.  Thanks :D

Offline steve

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
win Md 100
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 07:43:40 AM »
There are alot of those Md 100's out there.  The people that have them won't part with them.  If you start having problems with it like jamming it would need a good cleaning.

Offline Big Tom

• Contributor
winchester mod. 100
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 07:07:44 PM »
In the late 70s Winchester had a couple of massive recalls on the Model 100, faulty firing pin assmy and ejection problems. They were simple fixes but spelled the doom for the Semi auto sales wise.
They are nice rifles for woodland/heavy cover hunting. My gunshop has had a slug of them sitting for sale for $200-$300 for quite a while. Most of the hunters around here carried them in the 60s and early 70s.
Tom Gursky
Northwoods Guide Service
"May all your trophies be worthy of The Book"