Author Topic: H+R/NEF Frames  (Read 659 times)

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
H+R/NEF Frames
« on: February 08, 2004, 03:38:08 PM »
The frames on these guns is probably the subject of the most confusion regarding these rifles.  :?: I understand that the SB1 frame is the shotgun frame, the 10 guage shares it's frame with the 12 guage Ultra slug, and the SB2 frame is a rifle frame, but now for the confusion. Are there two different style SB2 frames, one for high pressure loads(30/06 and the like), and one for low pressure(30/30 and others)? The reason I ask this is because of the accessory barrel programs reference to calling them to see if the high pressure barrels can be put on your gun. I was also wondering what the classification is for the BC frame?  I'm not even going to get into the older, pre-Marlin frames. :lol:
Don

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
H+R/NEF Frames
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 04:05:17 PM »
Big Blue
The answer to your question is, sort of.  The older centerfire frames were indiviually rated for high pressure rounds.  For example, you might buy a 30-06, but when you sent it back for an accessory barrel, all you could get were low pressure rounds.  This changed about 4-5 years ago with the new SB-2 frames.  Someone here can probably tell you just when.  The first two letters in the S# are the telling code.  Someelse may know those too.

That is the reason for their disclaimer.  You need not worry if your rifle frame is 2000 or newer and it may go back farther.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline 10ga.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H+R/NEF Frames
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 04:39:25 PM »
NEF calls my 10ga receiver a SB2. This has to be different from the rifle SB2 because all I can get are 10ga barrels and a 12ga ultra slugger barrel.
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"