Author Topic: 20 USH Thumbhole?  (Read 486 times)

Offline st8tman

• Trade Count: (0)
20 USH Thumbhole?
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
I have read on another less knowledgeable forum that the thumbhole version of the 20 gauge USH is inherintly less accurate than the traditional stocked USH guns. The author had said the thumbhole stock needs to be secured better to insure accuracy. 20 USH Thumbhole owners/users is there any truth to this???? Thanks for your time!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: 20 USH Thumbhole?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
A standard stock and a thumbhole are both secured to the action the same way, with a through bolt.I would say there is no truth to it. I do know that my H&R's with thumbhole stocks are very accurate....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline st8tman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
MSP RET,
                    Thanks for your time and response. If everything goes as planned in 3 years I will be changing my name on the boards to VSP RET. Stay Safe Trooper!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
You too brother, there really is life after "the job", but it does take a little getting used to. I'm finally headed up to camp in Maine in 4 days. Will visit with my buddies there, a Maine Trooper who may be retiring about when you do and a recently retired Maine Warden. Even after retirement you still seem to seek out your own kind, guys you can trust with your life....<><.... :)

P.S. - I have a 20 guage USH with a thumbhole stock and it is very accurate. Also, my buddy the Maine Trooper makes GREAT State Police clocks for Troopers from all states.
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Not sure how it would be less accurate,, or how one would even measure that??
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net