Author Topic: 1/4 scale wheels, ordered,  (Read 549 times)

Offline rampa room artillery

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
1/4 scale wheels, ordered,
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
well i ordered a set of good looking 1/4 scale wheels off of ebay. today, and it gets me back in the mood for making cannons again, i have never kept a cannon i have built, and i wish i had.  well this one will be for my dad. I am not sure what cannon i am going to build yet, i need to see what the wheels really scale out to be closest to. prairie, number 1, 2, or 3 wheels, i hope number one. but the add said 1/4 scale and then it said 16 inch, so i am sure they will be off a little just need to see which ones they are closest to.
   i am not looking forward to making the hardware, but i will take my time and try to make every piece true to scale as close as i can.  i already have the dried white oak. and steel for the barrel.    now i wait on UPS.

again i want to thank catwhisper for selling me one of his lathes. it has taken my skill level up several notches.

rick bryan

Offline guardsgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: 1/4 scale wheels, ordered,
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »
rampa room artillery,
 From whom did you order the 1/4 scale wheels?

Bob

Offline rampa room artillery

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
i ordered them on a wim. a weak moment, and didnt really have the money but i cant wait to see them,  i ordered them from   417steam1 

417steam1 on eBay

Offline buzz36

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »
I have a set of these and will be offering them forsale soon if anyone is interested
they are a nice solid wheel and appear to be well made but are not a true to scale item from what i have crudly check

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:04:44 AM »
I just got a set  of 1/5 scale Siege field gun wheels from Ed at HRM Cannons.  Have been pretty busy this month and haven't had time to write them up---they look pretty good