Author Topic: Should I wait for the SideKick & How long do I have to W  (Read 862 times)

Offline Cracker

• Trade Count: (0)
Should I wait for the SideKick & How long do I have to W
« on: February 09, 2004, 06:55:22 AM »
So, I went to the local Gander Mountain to really compare all the Muzzleloaders they had.  The CVA was out after shouldering it.  The Traditions, couldn't find much I liked.  The Knights, didn't impress.  So I pick up the TC Omega.  Wow that shoulders nice.  The Encore it shouldered nice also.  Then I pick up a Huntsman again and  go WOW!  It feels great.  It is two hundred cheaper than the Omega.

Tell me again is it a real advantage to have a magnum.  Should I wait for the Sidekick, or just be happy with the Huntsman?  You know I don't buy too many of these things and I don't want to make a bad decision.  

Give me your opinion.  I just looking for some positive reinforcement to part with my money.

Thanks
Cracker :lol:

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
Should I wait for the SideKick & How lo
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 07:04:29 AM »
Waite for the sidekick. As soon as they come out my CVA Optima may be history.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Cracker

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 07:08:48 AM »
BBF,
Do you have a Huntsman?  I shouldered that Optima thinking, maybe it was the poor boys Omega.  I didn't think it was nearly as nice as the Huntsman and not close to the Omega.

I think I may wait, we'll see if someone else can influence me.

Cracker

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 07:09:03 AM »
People: What's the difference between the Sidekick and the Huntsman??? <>< :D Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 07:15:06 AM »
Duce my understanding is the sidekick as much better sights. Also it is sold as muzzleloader only and no paper work to fill out.

No Cracker I do not have a Huntsman but should have bought one. Really did not dawn on me to buy a huntsman when I purchased the Optima. The Optima to me shoulders like a TC.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 07:16:42 AM »
The Sidekick is magnum capable but you cannot add accessory barrels.  The Huntsman is not magnum capable but you can utilize the barrel accessory program for shotgun barrels.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline blckpwdrshootr50

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 10:48:53 AM »
The difference between the hunstman and sidekick is that the sidekick is not considered a firearm by the states that consider the huntsman to be one, the sidekick can handle magnum 150-grain loads, and that the sidekick has a 26-inch barrel. The sidekick is not applicable for additional barrels, either. Cracker, there is not much difference between the huntsman and sidekick. if your state conosiders the huntsman a firearm (check your hunting regulations), then go for the sidekick. My only problem witht he huntsman is its sites. But i bought a nice set for 25 bucks to replace them. And you can get extra barrels for the huntsman, which is a big plus.

There ya go,

BPS50

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Sidekick
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 11:02:17 AM »
My understanding is that the Sidekick is coming in two versons. One a magnum with the 26" barrel and the other a standard verson with a 24" barrel.  Or am I mistaken again ?????  wouldn't be the first time.....
 :?  

Dave H.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 03:45:14 PM »
Both 24" and 26" Sidekick barrels are (MAGNUM) 150 grain powder, this came straight from H&R/NEF Customer service. Just want to clear that up!
 :bye:  :sniper:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bull b 25-06

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 05:16:28 PM »
Where do you get the aftermarket sights for the huntsman? later bull b 25-06 :D
If at first you don't succeed then change the rules