Author Topic: 8mm Mauser?  (Read 678 times)

Online wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
8mm Mauser?
« on: February 10, 2004, 09:55:45 AM »
Hello everyone,

Glad I found the forum. I had just joined the H&R forum a few weeks back, and sure did miss all the great information and feedback. Bought a 30-30 Handirifle a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy with the way it shoots.

I am curious if anyone knows if H&R ever offered their rifle in the 8mm mauser in years past? I have seen several different chamberings posted that are not currently offered and wondered about this one.
wtxbadger

Offline Cracker

• Trade Count: (0)
8mm Mauser?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:08:12 AM »
Nice to see you.  I don't have a clue if they ever offered a 8mm.  But I do own a 8mm that was taken off a German Soldier in WWII.  I enjoy shooting it.  My dad had the stock cut down to a sportmans style.  Great shooter.

I wonder if anyone has ever rechambered a handi to handle the 8mm.  Could you do it from a 30-06, 308, or 30-30?  Anyone know.

Nice to have you.

Hopefully we both get an answer. :lol:

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
8mm Mauser?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 10:12:14 AM »
They never offered it. I was told it is like 350.00 or more to rechamber a rebore a barrel. The 30-06 is .308 bore and the 8mm is .323 So it would diffently have to be rebored.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Online wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
8mm Mauser?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 11:09:12 PM »
Thought it was doubtful about being offered in 8mm, but was hop[ng. The military surplus ammo is fairly inexpensive right now and looked like a great way to get in more shooting time and still have a few dollars left for the 30-30 ammo when I go shoot.
wtxbadger