Author Topic: Most likely scenario  (Read 677 times)

Offline Mike in Virginia

• Trade Count: (0)
Most likely scenario
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:45:03 AM »
Watching the military channel last night, and was reminded that using a handgun in a life/death conflict, means that the situation has deteriorated to a close up and last ditch effort to survive, and that the decision on whether or not to shoot has already been made.  Shoot or die. 
I was reminded that a fire fight with rifles leave us with some discretion concerning when to shoot and when not to shoot.  The distance between the contestants allows room to make adjusments in position and conduct.   
That's sort of ironic.  Civilians not in a war zone have no access to a rifle, and even if he did, he'd better not shoot someone 200 yards away unless he can show it was necessary, a thing that never happens. 
With us, the deterioration of events has already occurred should we need to shoot our c/c weapon. 
Along with that factor comes the knowledge to serve as a reminder that we might not win.  I know this is not new information, but it was in my head, so I entered it here. 

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Most likely scenario
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
It is one situation when you deal with armed intruders or mobs. A different kettle of fish if you deal with some Organ of the Govt.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
when those 'organs' wear blue helmets or berets they become targets

SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:41:51 AM »
Think I met a government "Organ" on the side of the road on at least one occasion.  ;D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC