Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS TOOOOO ME  (Read 1158 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
MERRY CHRISTMAS TOOOOO ME
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
Since i got NO feedback from you guys on what to do to the M28--I made the call.
Sent off for some Ropers from Keith Brown and sent the M28 to Accurate Plateing in Bama.
I will show it off this spring when I get it back.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS TOOOOO ME
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
williamlayton:  Hey - whatcha having it plated with??  Dint we tellya what to do with the 28 or was that something else you were askin' 'bout?  I'm sure mosta us woulda offered to pay freight to have you ship it out to us so we could test it for ya an give ya our erstwhile recommendations.  We'd probably even clean it up for ya when we're through....

Ropers are nice grips.  What are you going to shoot in it?  Mine really likes the heavy slugs, at just about any speed.  Or is this going to be a barbeque gun??

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Willie:  Ha!  Found your posts down in the S&W column.  Now I have some idea of what you would like to do.  How come you were hiding it down there and asking us 'bout it up here, huh???   Senior moment, Monsieur??

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
Mikey, you moderators don't oblige old coots---now if I was Anna or Sharonann---well the doors would open.
I asked it to be moved because of no real feedback---buttttt, no! I am an ol coot.
Anywho
These are the simular grips I am going to get from Brown. The bottom is a pic of the brother to the one being Hard Chromed--with pinach.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
I just have a thing for S&W N Frames, especially the profile of the 4" M28 with the tapered barrel.  Mine began life with a 6" bbl but after a bunch of years I sent it back to S&W and they installed a 3.5" bbl from a M27 and blued the gun to match.  It wears black buffalo horn grips and a Tyler T-grip.  I think it's my barbeque gun.   My M29 came with a 6.5" bbl but went back to S&W for a 4" tapered Mountain Gun bbl, which is in stainless, so I had them bead blast the entire set-up and blue it to match and it looks like the matt finish on the M28.  This one wears S&W smooth target grips.  Both of them are great shooters.

Pinash, or however spelled, is right on.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
I keep looking at it--and seeing a 31/4 inch barrel on it. There is a picture of one on the S&W forum that makes me want to do it. I think I might have to give in.
I do have a .41mag that i really would like to do it to also.
I am such a weakling.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »
Is this what you are talking about Mikey---these are from the S&W Forum and they are M58's.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »
William:  Oh yeah!  Take either of the three, add some black small panel buffalo horn grips, a smooth combat trigger ground to a narrower configuration, add the large target hammer and you will have what my M27/28 looks like. 

Offline nwhunter

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
I like, this was meery christmas to me also, I pickep up a 45 colt 25-13 S7w with crimson trace grips, I took a picture of it with my 29-2 in hard chrome. I do like the N frame smith like the 28 in the 4" barrel.  keith

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:41:53 AM »
Looks like it will bebirdseye maple for the insert.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
Here is what is going on.
I have a M28 at Accurate Plating getting a Brushed Hard Chrome finisnh.
I have taken the slave M28 over tpAlan Horton, here in Houston, too have it snubbed and a Python Blue job done on it. This one will be about 6 months before it gets on his bench.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »
Hey Willie:  have you contacted Smith and Wesson to see if they have any short M27/28 barrel laying around?  That's how I got mine - called them and they had a few M27 barrels laying around, shipped the revolver to them and they rebarrelled it with the shorter barrel, replaced any internal parts that needed replacing and then blued the entire revolver to match...

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »
Yes, I contacted them and they do not----also sid the would not cut.
Alan Harton---I spelled it wrong on the first post about him---said he would and two others said they would not.
Since I kow that folks have taken hack saws to guns for along time, I could not reach a conclusion why they can't do it today.
We will see---I have screwed the pup before---no reason I can't this time.
The reason I am confidant is that the pictures i posted were of 4 inch barrels trimmed. I am putting Alan's skills to a test but I am pretty confident from seeing pics of other work he has done.
I am pretty excited about the latest projects----I do love them so.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD