Author Topic: Boarders Away, Volume II: Firearms of the Age of Fighting Sail--need a copy?  (Read 668 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Thanks.  Also, last time I checked, an electronic version of that book was available free on the "Cheaper than Dirt" site.

Offline steelcharge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Thanks.  Also, last time I checked, an electronic version of that book was available free on the "Cheaper than Dirt" site.

That one's been taken down already for some time.

Offline Zulu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks

That one's been taken down already for some time.

Not before I got it printed out.  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
$342.  Sorry that's a crazy price. 

Let me tell you my experience.  When I Google searched to buy last year, many sites seemed to have Volume 2, I ordered...  or thought I ordered Vol 2.  $47.50  But it was Volume 1 that arrived & that was what the order for said.  I had no way to tell where/when the switch occured but I was now alerted.  I didn't have Volume 1 so I kept it & went back to searching.  I found that many sites listed Volume 2 in stock but when I tried to order...  like magic...  the order was switched to Vol 1 so I halted the order process & cleared everything.   
I exchanged emails with one likely book seller & explained the situation.  The seller said they did indeed have Volume 2 and offered to sell it to me for $100 + $5 Shipping.   I accepted the offer but promised I'd return it instantly it the wrong volume appeared, since I already had it.  Well, the correct Volume 2 arrived.  I shopped hard to get a good deal. 

This was my experience just a year ago.
PS  I tucked my reciepts into the front of each books so that my heirs & asignees forever will realize they are collectable.     

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
How about we start a campaign? I sent an email to the publisher asking if they are going to have another printing of Vol II....  they said it may be sometime down the road.... if enough people send inquires in on this they may act sooner than later...... so how about it guys?  I'll even make it easy for you here is the contact info including email address...
CONTACT INFORMATION
  Mowbray Publishing &
        Man at Arms Magazine
      for the Gun and Sword Collector
Mailing Address 54 East School Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA
Toll Free 800.999.4697 (US & Canada)
Phone401.597.5055
Fax401.597.5056
emailservice@manatarmsbooks.com

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium