Author Topic: 22 HORNET HANDI RIFLE & ACC. BARREL.....  (Read 820 times)

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
22 HORNET HANDI RIFLE & ACC. BARREL.....
« on: February 08, 2004, 12:38:05 PM »
:shock:  WITH NEF DROPPING THE 357 & 44 MAGNUMS, DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ALSO DROP THE 22 HORNET? I WAS PLANNING TO GET A 45-70 BARREL FOR MY 7MM-08, SINCE I JUST SOLD MY BROWNING B78 45-70, AND I HAVE A MINOR  INTEREST IN THE  22 HORNET.....MAYBE I SHOULD GET THAT RECEIVER OUT TO THEM SOONER RATHER THAN LATER?!

IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO SHOOTS A HANDI IN 22HORNET?  HOW IS THE ACCURACY?
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
22 HORNET HANDI RIFLE & ACC. BARREL....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 12:49:34 PM »
i had one for a short time, i thought it would work out good for a varmint gun for close shots under 150yrds. but i could not get it to shoot any better then a 4 inch group at 100yrds. i know there are alot of guys that have them , and love them, some of them have said the get 1 inch groups at 100yrds, but i think that was with handloads. i would say with all the happy people out here, i must have gotten a bum one., now i have not heard of them dropping it, but who knows, there are alot of stuff changing at that company. and i dont like any of it. but in short if you want one, i would go ahead and get one.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline nightstalker

• Trade Count: (0)
.22 hornet
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 02:31:16 PM »
I had a .22 hornet handi rifle a while back and it shot great.  the only problem I had with it was if I shot any reload that was over factory ballistics the empty cartrige would shick in the chamber.  I bought the gun used so it was probaly screwed up by someone and wasn't the factory's fault.  Now I have a .357 mag and can find no fault in it.  It shoots better than its owners abilities.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 02:34:37 PM »
I just recived mine Fri, put some rounds thru it  Sat. the results were promising but I was really just getting rounds thru the barrel, I'll poet results when I get it on a real bench. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline nightstalker

.357 bullets
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 02:54:07 PM »
Bob, get you some 158 gr or heavier lead bullets and try them in your .357.  Mine loves them.  I also have some 170gr. bullets I bought somewhere tat are showing a lot of promise.  I might have mentioned this before but I e-mailed Remington a few weeks back and asked them about the 150gr Core-loked PSP .358 bullets they sold a few years ago.  They said the were obsolete but with this years reintroduction of the 350 mag. they would probaly start making them again.  I think that this would be an exellent bullet in the .357 mag of max.  I several more people would e-mail them they might start making them sooner.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 03:33:32 PM »
My .357 seems to be happy with .158grainers I have a Lee mold for 158 LSWC GCs  and they are working out well I'm gonna persue those hard.  However sofar at 25yrds(indoor range) 148 gr HBWCs from hornady will just about go thru the same hole with 3.3 grains of titgroupe in .38 cases, and  158gr LRN cast from another Lee mold will shoot 3/4" groups at 25yrds same powder charge .357 case (cowboy load) Thease things  are fun to plink with and cheap to load for. :D
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline nightstalker

.38 loads
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 03:57:57 PM »
You probaly aready know this, but if you shoot several .38's in your rifle make sure you clean the chanber realy well.  I have had a problem with empty brass sticking if I don't :?