Author Topic: Loud engineering cannons?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline stuck

• Trade Count: (0)
Loud engineering cannons?
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »
just wanting to get started in shooting/owning a cannon. i have a friend that has one of theses for sale. http://www.loudengineering.com/ just dont know a how lot about cannons. we always go watch the Civil War guys shoot there cannons. I would love a big one just dont have a lot of money to put into one.  Is this a good way to start?

thanks for any help

Stuck

Offline subdjoe

Re: Loud engineering cannons?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
Welcome!  You will find lots of good information and friendly people here. Be sure to read the stickys.

From the link you provided (and sorry, I couldn't figure out how to remove the formatting):
Cannon Specs

• Smooth Bore         2 in
  • Barrel length        27 in
  • Barrel weight       58 lbs
  • Barrel wall 1”  thick
  • Carriage weight   112 lbs
Total weight 170 lbs

Right there you have a BIG problem.  The wall should be at least the same thickness as the bore diameter.

Your better bet would be to go with one of the sponsors here.  You know that you will be getting a quality product for a reasonable price.

Please be sure to read the stickys here, especially on safe loads and construction.

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
umm, I want to say no.  Not the best way to start.  Their information page says they use 1" thick walls.  That does not fit our safety standard of wall thickness equaling bore diameter.  If you really want to go with a big one, why would you want one that is for noise only?  I like actually launching projectiles whether lead balls, pellets, BB's or just firecrackers.

My other personality says it'd be cool, and would definately make noise. But they all can do that.  Check out this website and compare a shooter to a noise maker before you buy.
http://www.seacoastartillery.com/

Also look at this site:
http://www.brooks-usa.com/id46.html

compare material, safety margins, and the ability to actually shoot it not just set it off.

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
stuck -

WELCOME to the board!

As subdjoe said, check with our sponsors - they are great people and have reputable designs, materials and construction techniques.

(The pix shown did look like nicely made cannons - but a bit pricey for me.)

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »
Welcome stuck ,you re doing a smart thing which is to ask B4 you buy  ;) . I know nothing of those cannons .

Hang out and learn for abit and figure out what historical guns you like .... then buy something
Good Luck 

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
The loads given far exceed maximum recommended safe loads.

THe Cannon also are ugly and demonstrate the maker has little idea of what a cannon should look like  Trunnion way to far forward.

Buy from one of our sponsors and you will not only get a safe cannon, you will get one you can shoot without a paper bag over your head.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
The loads given far exceed maximum recommended safe loads.

I hadn't even read the charges they use.  Half a pound?  That will send a 3" Ordnance Rifle that weighs 1800# back 6" to 12" on hard level ground.  Wonder how far and how fast that 170# gun would recoil.  Especially when someone decides to send something downrange besides flash and smoke.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline keith44

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »
... Especially when someone decides to send something downrange besides flash and smoke.

I think it's a safe bet that the wall thickness will prevent that from being a common practice.  Although that does kinda eliminate the safe place to stand when firing the... um ... the ... I will not call that thing a cannon!

Life member NRA

Offline stuck

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
i went and looked around at some of the sponsors here. i am seeing them with barrels that are not as thick at the hole. is it only some you have to worrie about? i am looking for something fun with not a lot of money being spent. i want to make noise and shoot things. also do mortors need thick walls? i see a lot of them with thin outside walls. any help would be great

Thanks for reading.

ps: sorry my spelling and words are not the best. been having three years of surgerys and have meds in me some time and it gets a little foggy. yes i will be better and not taking meds when getting and shooting a cannon.

Offline Double D

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
First let say we only have foru sponsors. All of them build there guns to recognized safety standards. 

The basic safety standard we recommend is that the wall of the barrel over the powder chamber be no less thickness that diameter of the bore- one caliber.

Here are our sponsors.  Check them out, I am sure one of them can help you get started.

GBO BPM&C Sponsors

Seacoast Artillery Company
Seacoast Artillery Company is dedicated to producing the very highest quality scale re-creations of those monstrous, mammoth, magnificent Civil War Cannons. (i.e. Seacoast Guns) Our cannons and all their parts are made entirely in the United States of America. Available now is our re-creation of the 100 Pdr. Parrott Rifle,(6.4”) Model 1861

DOMINICK CARPENTER
Custom blackpowder artillery.  Quality built with attention paid to detail.  We build scale representations of any type antique ordinance from medieval period to 1898.

Brooks USA
We have been building brass striking tools since the mid 70's. During that time we have added brass cannons and mortars which you will find on our website. Square nuts. All of our products are of excellent quality, made in the USA; and we proudly stand behind everything we make..

HMR Cannons
Ed Hart AKA Armorer77
Specializing in Golf Ball bored mortars & cannons , for now...

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
The wall thickness = bore diameter needs to be where the powder burns and a few inches after that, not the whole length of the barrel.  The Loud "engineering" guns do have a larger breech diameter but it is not documented and doesn't look like it is 6 inches.

They are "modern" styling, not traditional shapes.  Note the loud colors as well.  The problem most noise cannon makers don't face is what happens if someone fires a shot with a projectile.  Since no maker can control what happens once the piece is out of his hands, it needs to be strong enough to handle projectiles even if none are intended by the first owner or the maker.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline stuck

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 05:47:26 AM »
The wall thickness = bore diameter needs to be where the powder burns and a few inches after that, not the whole length of the barrel.  The Loud "engineering" guns do have a larger breech diameter but it is not documented and doesn't look like it is 6 inches.

They are "modern" styling, not traditional shapes.  Note the loud colors as well.  The problem most noise cannon makers don't face is what happens if someone fires a shot with a projectile.  Since no maker can control what happens once the piece is out of his hands, it needs to be strong enough to handle projectiles even if none are intended by the first owner or the maker.

Thanks for clearing that up for me on the thickness and where its needed. After the first post about it not being with in the safty guide lines i have decided not to go with the one i was looking at. Now to pick one to start with. There so many different kinds.

I was wanting to know when it says beer can size do you shoot cans out of them filled with something?

stuck

Offline Double D

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 06:23:05 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up for me on the thickness and where its needed. After the first post about it not being with in the safty guide lines i have decided not to go with the one i was looking at. Now to pick one to start with. There so many different kinds.

I was wanting to know when it says beer can size do you shoot cans out of them filled with something?

stuck

Yep fill aluminum cans with cement  and fire away. 

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
DD:

When I read this I was ready to buy a bag of concrete premix and go for it...

littleseacoast informed me I should use a cement product used to fill holes in walls from Home Depot or others... comes in a 25# bag... and it does not have rocks (aggregate) in it so it will smoothly go through the can's or tennis ball's hole or opening.  Get something that claims to be non-shrinking... I got some grout from building supplier that is also "non-shrinking".   But cement does not mean concrete with aggregate in it... like I first thought of...  ??? 

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
DD:

littleseacoast informed me I should use a cement product used to fill holes in walls from Home Depot or others... comes in a 25# bag... and it does not have rocks (aggregate) in it so it will smoothly go through the can's or tennis ball's hole or opening.  Get something that claims to be non-shrinking... I got some grout from building supplier that is also "non-shrinking".   But cement does not mean concrete with aggregate in it... like I first thought of...  ???

You could also buy bags of Portland Cement.  Common problem people have is equating "concrete" with "cement."  Cement holds things together - rubber cement, contact cement for example. 

And concrete, well:

Word History

Date of Origin 14th c.
    In origin, something concrete is something that has ‘grown together’. The word comes, via Old French concret, from Latin concrētus, the past participle of concrēscere ‘grow together’, hence ‘harden’. This was a compound verb formed from the prefix com- ‘together’ and crēscere ‘grow’ (source also of English crescent, increase, and accrue). Its original application in English was fairly general – referring to that which is solid or material; its use for the building material did not emerge until the early 19th century.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline Max Caliber

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
Mortar mix is what to use. It's a mix of masonry cement and sand, used to lay brick and stone. Comes in 40 pound bags and larger sizes. Mortar mixes will set up over night but it takes around a month to fully harden.
Max

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Stuck , the reason mortars and some howitzers look to have thin barrel walls is because there is that there is a sub chamber ....a chamber that has a much smaller dia. than the bore proper .

So the OD at the chamber still meets the 1/3 rule  ;D .

The other reason bronze mortars have thin barrel walls is so they will ring like a bell .  8)

BOOMmmRinggggg

Gary

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
Stuck , the reason mortars and some howitzers look to have thin barrel walls is because there is that there is a sub chamber ....a chamber that has a much smaller dia. than the bore proper .

So the OD at the chamber still meets the 1/3 rule  ;D .

The other reason bronze mortars have thin barrel walls is so they will ring like a bell .  8)

BOOMmmRinggggg

Gary

Gary - Right on!

That principle was very functionally used by COEHORN back in, what, the 1700's?  To make a small light mortar that would shoot BIG cannon balls.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Double D

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »
DD:

The technocrats are correct there is a difference between cement and concrete.  I just buy a bag of Sacrete   I fill the cans with the dry mix, through the pull top opening, bang them a bit to settle the mix and put them in a bucket of water over night.  Then I just set them out and let them dry.

I have never had one shatter or break up on first firing.  I did have one 4th of July peel open down the side but that was third time it was fired that day.  The cement/concrete core was intact.

Offline LoudCannons

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »
Shane here from Loud Egineering.
Just thought I'd remind you that shooting projectiles only requires a 1/4 lb charge. Any more is just a waste. The larger loads are more for shock value when doing the blank loads. I couldnt remember if I had told you or not last time we spoke. And by the way the standard regulation thickness around the breach area of the cannon being the same as the bore is only for cast barrels not solid steel. Most barrels are made today with a 1/8" thick steel tube laid into a casting. It is the casting prosess that if not done right leaves voids and is also much more porous thus making it much more weak than a good grade solid steel. I use only 4140 gun metal which will withstand pressures exceeding 90,000 psi for 1" thick, and the breech pressures in a cannon don't exceed more than 40,000 psi. at the very most extreme. If these theories that these other guys are telling you applied, than you would be seeing some really fat gun barels on handguns and shotguns etc. I read the blogs you were talking about and I got a kick out of it. That one guy was just trying to sell you someone elses cannons I'm sure.
I built my cannons extra tough so that I would never have to worry even the slightest that one of my cannons might possibly hurt someone because of faulty manufacturing, or construction. If anyone ever gets hurt it will be because they were miss using it and shot someone or miss use of the powder while handling but my cannons will not fail. As for the comment on how the trunions seem to be more forward, it's because hey are. Positioning the trunions slightly more forward gives the cannon barrel more rear weight thus giving it more stability when firing a projectile so the muzzel wont dip. And the carriage is also exstended longer than a normal naval cannon as to prevent kick backs because of using larger powder loads. Shorter carriages will almost every time literally flip over backwards when using large loads i've seen it. Believe me when I say you ot a really good cannon that will last your family for many generations. I've put so much time into researsh and development to produce the doughest most durable useable afordable loud cannon on the market today. By the way I got my cannon background from the Navy where I was a gunners mate on the battleship "New Jersey" BB62 where I worked on the big 16" guns that took 660 lbs of black either base blackpowder to fire a 2,700 lb projectile. The solid steel wall (not casting) was only 6" thick for a 16" bore. Thats less than half the thickness and I made mine half and didn't need to believe me. I am also a mechanical engineer specializing in making things stronger and always strong enough.

Offline keith44

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,89682.0.html

Our self imposed regulations...

Good Day Sir!

Life member NRA

Offline Doc Brown.

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »
I absolutely agree with you about the 1/3 rule being a little strict but 
When comparing a hand gun to a cannon my spider senses start tingling. They are telling me something but I cant really put my finger on it.

Offline quaker4u

• the boss
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 12:53:44 AM »
I believe that the brass cartridge  takes most of the pressure in the breach on modern guns so you can have thinner walls :)
Quaker

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20:33 AM »
I believe that the brass cartridge  takes most of the pressure in the breach on modern guns so you can have thinner walls :)
Quaker

Not even close my friend. The brass cartridge only serves one purpose and that is to house the projectile, propellant, and primer in one convienant package. Most are only a few thousandth's thick requiring the chamber to be precision reamed so the cartridge will not deform. This is also why headspace is critical in firearms, so it won't blow up in your face.

The "self imposed" 1/3 rule is a good one. Is it a little strict? Well yes and no. Not everyone that enjoys this hobby has a backgroung in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering and has an advanced understanding of metallurgy. For those that do, this is not an arguement. I personally like this rule because it is easy to understand by the layman, the use of common materials like 1018 crs can be used safely, and the fact that different propellants are used ( GOEX, Pyrodex, in cannon grade, fg, ffg etc.... not modern smokeless) in varying amounts makes it hard to go wrong. The 1/3 rule pretty much keeps a cannon barell "idiot proof" as much as humanly possible.

One thing to remember when comparing firearms to cannons most firearms commercially produced require very strict standards for ammo and loads which are mostly commercially available, and reloading info is also available with a healthy list of "doo's and don'ts. These standards need to be (must be) stricty heeded or you are seriously risking life/limb.  There are no "standardized" loading recomendations for hobby cannon that I know of by any major manufactor, and given the fact that every shot made is a "custom" load, the 1/3 rule helps keep this safe. I would also like to see a comprihensive load recomendation chart for varying bore diameters and projectile weights. One that is as accessable and easily understood as the 1/3 rule. The thread covering "preasures" was a good read, translating it into a chart (leaning heavy on the safe side) would be nice.

LoudCannons: Shane, first of all, thankyou for your service to our country. I have great respect for our veterans. Sounds like you have a good understanding of artillary. After making (and selling) several hundred scale model artillary pieces I would like to offer a couple suggestions (of which you may already have considered).  1. Make sure the person buying the cannon undertstands the potential dangers/hazards of artillary, especially windage with projectiles. Many that buy cannons do not even consider this and this factor alone with the wrong combination of powder and tight fitting projectile can exponentially increase pressures to an usafe level. 2. Have (require) the potential buyer sign in ink a form stating they understand the safty rules and hazards of operating artillary before they can purchase. This can save a lot of headache down the road........................ :)

Dewayne

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
In a breach loading cartridge gun, the brass case becomes the seal which expands to seal the breach.  Low pressure loads cause problems if they don't create enough pressure to expand tightly.  After firing the pressure drops & the cartridge rebounds slightly.  Very high pressures can cause cases to cling to the chamber walls, preventing extraction.  In all these cases, the steel of the barrel holds the pressure.

A friend had a 1911 (remember this is a realitively low pressure cartridge) 45ACP with excessive feed ramp throating...  when the case head ruptured, the result blew the magazine & grips off the gun.  The shooter had "Unique" powder burns and the doctors were able to get the rosewood splinters out of his hands.  Praise the Lord for shooting glasses!   

So NO the brass will not "hold most of the pressure".   

Offline Double D

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
Shane,

Thank you joining our group.  We are glad to have you.

I think your post points out a clear misconception that many who come here, have.

This board is about making and shooting blackpowder antique mortars and cannons. 

We have a wide cross section of people who come here, from folks who have no knowledge of how cannons are made or work, to engineers and scientists. 

On this board in order to talk about cannon shooting and construction we had to establish a baseline of minimum standard-basic guidelines to go by for safety purposes.  Thus we point to the Guidelines of the North-South Skirmish Association and the American Artillery Association.

If these guidelines are followed, the entry level cannon shooter or builder has a minimum standard to work with and can build a good safe cannon.  Also, those who wish to buy a cannon have some guidelines to help them be assured what they are buying is safe.  We work to the least knowledgeable person in our group

These are not maximum standards, but minimum standards.   It is very easy for knowledgeable person to exceed these standards and still build a safe gun. 

I might point out that with a few exceptions that if you were to build most any U.S. muzzle loading cannon up to the Civil war you will find most of them fall within the range safety guidelines as noted by N-SSA and AAA.

That’s why we recommend these safety guidelines.

Shane here from Loud Egineering.
Just thought I'd remind you that shooting projectiles only requires a 1/4 lb charge. Any more is just a waste. The larger loads are more for shock value when doing the blank loads. I couldnt remember if I had told you or not last time we spoke.

Your bore as per your website is 2 inches.  A quarter pound is 4 oz.  Per the suggested guidelines of the N-SSA the maximum charge for a projectile for 2 inch bore is 4 oz. of Fg or 6 oz.  if using FFA or Cannon grade.  Yes blank charges can be larger. 

And by the way the standard regulation thickness around the breach area of the cannon being the same as the bore is only for cast barrels not solid steel.

Not true.  The one caliber rules applies to all guns, not just cast.

Most barrels are made today with a 1/8" thick steel tube laid into a casting. It is the casting prosess that if not done right leaves voids and is also much more porous thus making it much more weak than a good grade solid steel.

I am unaware of anyone using 1/8” tube for a liner in a core casting.  Core casting is not really recommended for cannons.  The other problem is the liner can melt and move during the pour

The minimum recommended liner is 3/8” thickness.  That is a minimum standard.  That is not a maximum.  A gun built from steel would exceed that minimum greatly.  Bronze guns do not need a liner if they pass inspection.

I use only 4140 gun metal which will withstand pressures exceeding 90,000 psi for 1" thick, and the breech pressures in a cannon don't exceed more than 40,000 psi. at the very most extreme. If these theories that these other guys are telling you applied, than you would be seeing some really fat gun barels on handguns and shotguns etc. I read the blogs you were talking about and I got a kick out of it. That one guy was just trying to sell you someone elses cannons I'm sure.

You can indeed use special steel and safely decrease the wall thickness of any cannon, if you have the engineering skill and knowledge.  If you do that, you can also shoot smokeless powder.  But that is not what we are about here.

1018 is the preferred steel for building  cannons.  It has sufficient strength and has good weldablity.  4140 does not have good weld ability properties. 1018 is what we suggest for home hobby cannon builders.

I can assure you however that the folks who make handguns are not using 1018 steel.

And, yes I am trying to sell our sponsors cannons.  They help pay the bills here and build their guns to a known safety standard.  Their guns look good and they are one of us.  If you became a sponsor here you would get the same recommendations they do.

I built my cannons extra tough so that I would never have to worry even the slightest that one of my cannons might possibly hurt someone because of faulty manufacturing, or construction. If anyone ever gets hurt it will be because they were miss using it and shot someone or miss use of the powder while handling but my cannons will not fail.

A definite right thing to do.

As for the comment on how the trunions seem to be more forward, it's because hey are. Positioning the trunions slightly more forward gives the cannon barrel more rear weight thus giving it more stability when firing a projectile so the muzzel wont dip. And the carriage is also exstended longer than a normal naval cannon as to prevent kick backs because of using larger powder loads. Shorter carriages will almost every time literally flip over backwards when using large loads i've seen it.

Sounds like you are reinventing the wheel.  If you were to get yourself some plans from Antique Ordnance Publisher and built some cannons to scale you will find they were already designed to deal with the problems you mentioned. Preponderances are pre figured and carriages are designed to deal with the recoil factors…

If you are experiencing flipping cannons then that is indicative of an excessive load-especially if the load is a blank load.  It might also indicate the carriage is not correctly built.   If you look at how naval guns were deployed you will notice they were all secured to the bulkheads.  Even then flipping cannons on a correctly built carriage indicate overloads.

You also might find your sales are increased by building a much more professional looking and appealing gun.  Get some plans

I can offer you an AutoCAD drawing of an 1841 6 PDR .  I believe this newer version of AutoCAD carries the code for many CNC controllers with in the drawing.

Believe me when I say you ot a really good cannon that will last your family for many generations. I've put so much time into researsh and development to produce the doughest most durable useable afordable loud cannon on the market today. By the way I got my cannon background from the Navy where I was a gunners mate on the battleship "New Jersey" BB62 where I worked on the big 16" guns that took 660 lbs of black either base blackpowder to fire a 2,700 lb projectile. The solid steel wall (not casting) was only 6" thick for a 16" bore. Thats less than half the thickness and I made mine half and didn't need to believe me. I am also a mechanical engineer specializing in making things stronger and always strong enough.

Thank you for your service. You will find a number of veterans here. 

No doubt, from what you saying about how you build and design you cannons they are strong.  That is good. Is that is reason to ignore safety standards?  I don’t think so. Why not build them stronger-over build them to look like a cannon and not a piece of pipe you stuff powder in. .  Advertising that your cannons meet or exceed recommended safety recommendations of the N-SSA is a good marketing tool. It will give your customers just one more reason to have confidence in your product.

There is a world of difference between the science of building artillery for the New Jersey and the cannons on the Constitution.  The methods and materials used to construct a barrel for the New Jersey are just not available to the hobbyist, nor are you using that method to build your guns.  Right now you can tell someone how you built your gun and how safe it is.   But what about the next guy who buys your gun say 20 years from now, how will they know your gun is a safe gun. If they see a gun that looks professionally built and is built to known safety standards, they will have confidence your product and never even know anything about how you.

We are looking to keep this a simple and as safe as possible.  Following the N-SSA and AAA guidelines and building to known designs does that.

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:32 AM »
Very good reply
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. (Thomas Jefferson)

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:36 AM »
Knowledgeable cannoneers look to these standards, as do I when contemplating purchases...  non-conforming ordinance is much harder to sell & IMHO a poor investment.  These cannons we build will outlive us (hopefully) and our heirs & assignees forever may not have the information on our builds.