Author Topic: Blem Bullets  (Read 562 times)

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Blem Bullets
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:09:15 AM »
MidSouth has blemished bullets marked down.  The 180gr SSP are a dime each.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/searchMSS.asp?searchInfo=oem+blem&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: Blem Bullets
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:30:16 AM »
Thanks for the heads up YRU. I used to get by the Hornaday factory once in awhile. They would sell rejects for a big price break. The story was that they were constantly testing bullets and if they found a flaw they would reject everything on the line at that time whether it was bad or not. I thought that they were just as good as any other Hornaday.

Offline Jeff H

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »
I have used the Blems from Midsouth in the .264" 160 grain RNs.

One hole, three shot groups at a hundred yards.  The ones I got were a tremendous bargain. 

Each bullet had a barely perceptible longitudinal scratch on it, which obviously had no affect on their accuracy.

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »
Been using blem bullets for yrs., haven't had a deer or hog live to complain about them yet. :)
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:11 AM »
My partner shoots them all the time.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
Well thank you :-\ , just dropped $76+change on the 7mm (.284) bullets. 

Actually that's a pretty darn good price for 500.  Now I got to dig out the dies for the 7mm-08, and the 7x57.  After this, I won't have to reload for them for quite a while.  ;)

Unless I suddenly get lucky, and find a 7x57 Handi barrel.  ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Zeak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:10 AM »
I don't live far from from the Hornaday factory, so when out there come home with a bunch of the blems. Its about all I shoot and couldn't really tell any difference from their regular bullets. It's just a little easier on the pocket book.