Author Topic: CVA strikes again  (Read 953 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
CVA strikes again
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
I've had my CVA Eclipse Magnum 45 cal for 10 or 12 years and keep looking for a reason to get a new muzzle loader.....do any of us really need a reason right? Everytime I give it a chance it seems to deliver so I guess I should keep it. Anyway my bride had foot surgery about six weeks ago so I've been pretty much mom, dad, cook and dishwasher for a while now so I was really excited to go hunting Saturday in the last weekend of Oklahoma's primitive firearms season. First time out this year and about 20 minutes or so after shooting light this nice sized six point came out at 70 yards and gave me a perfect broadside shot. He only ran about 50 or 60 yards as the lead bullet took the bottom off of his heart. I was very thankful for the opportunity that quickly.
Charlie 
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline rosewood

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: CVA strikes again
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:52 AM »
Dang, that looks like the 5 pt I shot last Friday.  If I had a pic with me I would upload it so you could see it.  Congrats.

Offline Flashole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
Six weeks of TLC sounds like a real good reason for a new smoke pole.  Just kidding.  Nice shooting

=FLASH=
=FLASH=

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:38:45 AM »
I got tired of waiting for a bigger one myself.  Saw a bunch of bucks but most were small or only had one antler.  Shame about the one antler thing, one of them would have been a real nice 10 or maybe 12 if he had both.   

Congrats on your buck!  This is the one I took the day I promised my wife I would fill my tag that evening. 

WHUT?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:44 AM »
Congratulations on the bucks Charlie, rosewood, and Rich.

I have been giving everything a pass, wating for one of the good ones I let pass last year. We still have about 400 acres of corn in, so that should help save some of the nice 2-1/2 year old 8 points that I have passed up this year. Problem is it also helps hide the tall 8, wide 9, and other bucks I passed on last year as well.

General Firearm Season right now, so maybe I'll get a crack at one of the big ones during our December Muzzleloader Season? Maybe? :-[
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:21:06 AM »
Hope you get a big ol' good'un.   :)
WHUT?