Author Topic: Governor Christie endorses Obama.............  (Read 903 times)

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Governor Christie endorses Obama.............
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
...........for his handling of Hurricane Sandy   ;)

Chris Christie, fierce Obama critic, praises president’s response to Hurricane Sandy
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who has blasted President Obama’s leadership, heaped praise on Obama on Tuesday for his handling of Hurricane Sandy.
“The president has been outstanding in this and so have the folks at FEMA,” Christie said on NBC’s “Today” show.
Christie, whose state is among the hardest hit by the storm, made appearances on several morning talk shows on Tuesday and applauded Obama at each stop.
On MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie said “the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit. He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything and he absolutely means it, and it’s been very good working with the president and his administration.”
On CNN’s “Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien,” Christie added that Obama “has been incredibly supportive and helpful to our state, and not once did he bring up the election.”
http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/10/30/chris-christie-fierce-obama-critic-praises-president-response-hurricane-sandy/0JUUf3NDsg6GuUleJr20XJ/story.html

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: Governor Christie endorses Obama.............
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
Hardly an endorsement. Also if Christie had failed to praise Obama's leadership in this matter his "racism" would be recieving media coverage equal to or exceeding the storm coverage.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
Not to mention the spigot for aid to the states runs through the white house.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
Hmm I missed the endorsement. Can you please post it  ;)

Lonny

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
He is looking for vote  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »
He is looking for vote  ;)
this is his motivations.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
Hmmm, the title to this thread is an outright lie.  Who'd of thunk it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »
Not an endorsement IMO.....just giving credit for a job done well.

What's wrong with giving praise when praise is due?  Obama does something right every great once in a while.....

That still doesn't make up for the stuff done wrong most of the time.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »

YEP, typical liberal garbage. The obama supporters are getting desperate. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jimster

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
Nothing wrong with the governor saying Obama did a good job someplace, he will also be the first one to say right out Obama was a flop on the policies, and everything else.  He just says it like it is. You would not likely ever see a leftie do this, the ordinary leftie has no class or charactor to be able to say a member of the other party did something good.  So good for the governor...sounds like a good man.
I doubt any leftie would post anything else Christie has been saying, it's mostly for stirring the pot. Obama can use this disaster, the dems already pointed out on some news stations this is a good tool to use, cause he is flopping in the polls and has pretty much messed up on everything he has touched, so ya...use the disaster, someone elses pain can be their salvation, they don't have much else. Truth is he didn't really do anyting, if Obama was dead someone would be "watching the States and making a few phone calls", not a big deal...people pretty much tell him what to do. I'm pretty sure I can handle the job Obama did on this....how hard can it be...really? The guy you have as president actually would not know who to call with nobody filling him in. What we need is someone who can make a decision while watching his people get over run by an armed enemy and killed...when it came time to be needed with everyone waiting for him to give the go...he failed.  Then he lied...and one lie always leads to more lies...just like my ol man told me. So now we see lies and blame, and more lies...all because of the first lie.
I just want a grown up mature honest person in the White House, is that asking too much?

Offline hillbill

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »
Nothing wrong with the governor saying Obama did a good job someplace, he will also be the first one to say right out Obama was a flop on the policies, and everything else.  He just says it like it is. You would not likely ever see a leftie do this, the ordinary leftie has no class or charactor to be able to say a member of the other party did something good.  So good for the governor...sounds like a good man.
I doubt any leftie would post anything else Christie has been saying, it's mostly for stirring the pot. Obama can use this disaster, the dems already pointed out on some news stations this is a good tool to use, cause he is flopping in the polls and has pretty much messed up on everything he has touched, so ya...use the disaster, someone elses pain can be their salvation, they don't have much else. Truth is he didn't really do anyting, if Obama was dead someone would be "watching the States and making a few phone calls", not a big deal...people pretty much tell him what to do. I'm pretty sure I can handle the job Obama did on this....how hard can it be...really? The guy you have as president actually would not know who to call with nobody filling him in. What we need is someone who can make a decision while watching his people get over run by an armed enemy and killed...when it came time to be needed with everyone waiting for him to give the go...he failed.  Then he lied...and one lie always leads to more lies...just like my ol man told me. So now we see lies and blame, and more lies...all because of the first lie.
I just want a grown up mature honest person in the White House, is that asking too much?

exactly! annnnd, even a blind hog finds a acorn once in awhile.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
I applaud Gov. Christie for his giving credit where credit is due. Some of you blame someone for doing nothing, then turn around and blame the same person for doing something. You are a fickled bunch , like a women bitching about everything her husband does.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Casull

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
Some of you blame someone for doing nothing, then turn around and blame the same person for doing something.

Kimber, you do understand that "doing something" is deserving of blame if it is the wrong thing, don't you?  You know, doing nothing and doing the wrong thing can both be blameworthy.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
  Why didn't Obama act as quickly to the attack on our consulate in Benghazi ? ...  Seems there would have been 4 less  dead Americans
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »
I remember the governors praising GW during and after Katrina... Wait! That never happened! ;D
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
Some of you blame someone for doing nothing, then turn around and blame the same person for doing something.

Kimber, you do understand that "doing something" is deserving of blame if it is the wrong thing, don't you?  You know, doing nothing and doing the wrong thing can both be blameworthy.
So in this case,what did they do that is wrong and blameworthy ?
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Casull

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »

I believe you're searching for an argument where none exists.  I don't recall seeing anyone laying blame on this one.  Did you?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
Some people do not have the mentality to be able to separate reality from their world view constructs. The teacher asks " what it 2+2 = ? Little Johnny says FOUR. That is right, you get  a gold star Johnny.
     Now there are kids that dont like Johnny. Maybe he has a better bike than they do, and they don't think he deserves it. Maybe they tried playing a prank on him and it backfired and embarassed them. Maybe he sucks up to the teacher and brings her an apple every day and she like him best. It is true that anyone who studied the lesson should have been able to give the correct answer, it is neither extraordinary nor special.

None of which has a DAMN THING to do with the fact that it IS the correct answer, and for that you get a star. You can whine and cry and have a little hissy fit, it changes nothing. Obama in this case did his job. Many recent similar examples have shown that many elected officials have not. Christie had the simple decency and cajones to say " you did a good job here, thanks".
     When you are so far gone that you cannot force yourself to observe the facts and then make a determination, but instead  allow your desire for your "world view" to be true , to"force" the facts be bent to fit your predetermined concept, you have no business critiquing anyone. You have every "right" to say whatever you wish, but it is meaningless.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »

I believe you're searching for an argument where none exists.  I don't recall seeing anyone laying blame on this one.  Did you?

So this statement is a need on your part to say something ; just for the sake of saying something.  ::) Kimber, you do understand that "doing something" is deserving of blame if it is the wrong thing, don't you?  You know, doing nothing and doing the wrong thing can both be blameworthy.
Sounds like a Yogi Berraism. lol
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
I remember the governors praising GW during and after Katrina... Wait! That never happened! ;D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   As should be expected, Christie gave credit where credit is due.  The prez did just what a prez shoud do and was given credit.
  Memories must be short, the Katrina situation was different, in that Kathleen Blanco,  the governor of Louisiana..initally refused FEMA assistance and the Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans, refused to allow FEMA to help when the federal govt offered help.     Legally, the federal govt cannot  force FEMA on them if they refuse the help.
     http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1484139/posts

The federal govt provided many millions or billions to Louisiana & New Orleans over decades with the understanding that their levees were to be rebuilt...but all these funds seem to have vanished somewhere between Washington and Lake Ponchartrain.. ;) ;D       Of course FEMA has been long overdue for either repair or replacement, since their record has been less than stellar.

ere's alist of failres of FEMA ove decades..perhaps it deserves to die..  http://www.wanttoknow.info/femafailureskatrina

he hurricane Sandy crisis is not yet over..the jury is still out concerning their performance....  At the moment, both Obama and Romney agree that FEMA needs great changes.

Remember; in the recent and phony "sequestration" decision, FEMA funds are due to be cut...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »
Christie doesn't mince words. He didn't have much sympathy for those that refused to honor his order to evacuate and he seems to be shoulder to shoulder with the residents of his state now that the hard work begins. I still recall Ray Nagan's response as he flew over the damage caused by Katrina. " Somebody's gotta get off their asses and do something!" Hahaha-Now there's true leadership for ya!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:47:40 AM »
 Both the Gov of Louisiana and the mayor of N.O....were very tardy in issuing evacuation.  Meanwhile if you recall, Ray Nagan sat up in his tower, watching he "fun" and when evacuation was finally ordered, he refused to allow the hundreds of available city school buses to transport people out..so the buses got inundated also.
  We won't mention the good people of New Orleans and their civic sprit and "brotherly love & sacrifice" while housed in the Superdome. ;)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:56 AM »

YEP, typical liberal garbage. The obama supporters are getting desperate. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::) voters are getting wiser  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:26 AM »
Sounds like Christi endorsed BHO's federal hurricane response efforts and open available basis.....
..TM7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

True;
   ..But we will not know for weeks if the recovery has been done in an efficient manner, or if it is a complete flop.  Fema's efforts over the decades have not been exactly stellar.. http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/09/its-time-to-get-rid-of-fema/244860/
    Perhaps FEMA does have to be repaired or replaced..

Offline Casull

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
So this statement is a need on your part to say something ; just for the sake of saying something.  ::) Kimber, you do understand that "doing something" is deserving of blame if it is the wrong thing, don't you?  You know, doing nothing and doing the wrong thing can both be blameworthy.

Kimber, apparently, comprehension is not your long suit.  The above was in response to your statement:

Some of you blame someone for doing nothing, then turn around and blame the same person for doing something. You are a fickled bunch , like a women bitching about everything her husband does.

And, again, I didn't see anyone blaming anybody for doing "something" in this case.

Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »

Kimber, apparently, comprehension is not your long suit.  The above was in response to your statement:

Some of you blame someone for doing nothing, then turn around and blame the same person for doing something. You are a fickled bunch , like a women bitching about everything her husband does.

And, again, I didn't see anyone blaming anybody for doing "something" in this case.
My comprehension is just fine.  From some of the other posters,It seems that I'm not the only one you have problems comprehending what the OP meant. Seems your on AM and we are on  Fm. No problems as far as I'm concerned.I like FM. :)
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline Casull

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
My comprehension is just fine.

If you say so.  But, next time I'll try to keep it simpler.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 01:58:19 PM »
My comprehension is just fine.

If you say so.  But, next time I'll try to keep it simpler.
I notice you always have a sarcastic answer. Oh well. I'll just chalk it up to your having some sort of poor self image. WKRP in Cinn. signing out.
-----------------
-------

-------