Author Topic: Early Voting In Texas  (Read 368 times)

Offline ultramag44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Early Voting In Texas
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:59 PM »
Yeppers! I was one of 6,402 to casr early ballots in Lubbock  on Monday!

The 60'ish woman in the boot next to me held up her hand and said to the voting official, "I don't know what I'm doing. I need help."

The female voting official went over and said, "How can I help you dear?"

The woman said, "I want to vote straight democrat down the line."

I cast my vote, clamped my hand over my mouth (must resist urge to say it  ;) ) and got out of there fast!

As I was leaving, I thought: The voting official should should have known how the woman wanted to vote. After all, she did say,"I don't know what I'm doing. I need help."
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline justme

Re: Early Voting In Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
I would have probably said it.... ;)

Offline wganz

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:21 AM »
Why is it always the Dims that have problems voting?
 ::)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
That pretty much  sums up the problem  in a nutshell and....

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 01:43:40 AM »
That pretty much sums up the country's situation in a nutshell. ( How does a man in Texas start out his post sounding like a yooper?) ....................................for those of you in Rio Linda " yooper" is an term used to describe a resident of Michigan's upper peninsula. Michigan being the state Obama saved from certain disaster by bailing out the UAW...er, I mean by saving G.M. from an organized bankruptcy proceeding that any other company would need to go through to get their house in order if they weren't a big voting block of the Democratic party.

Offline ultramag44

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:36:33 AM »
  tobster, I was just excited. Sorry if my "Yeppers" intro confused you.                                                           

I have had to wait patiently for 4 years to vote against you-know-who.  Texas is solidly behind Romney. You-know-who won't even bother coming here.  They just run some propaganda on TV and not even much of it.

BTW, how much royality $$ do you pay Rush for use of his material?

Texas, where we can have CCW's, high cap mags and say "Yeppers, y'all, etc.
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
I steal his material and don't even give him his due credit, let alone pay him for it. I assume everyone knows my source. I admire the Texas attitude- u guys do it your way and let the chips fall where they may. I was especially impressed when you're A.G. ( I think) warned the U.N. poll watchers that they would be liable for prosecution if they violated polling laws. The rest of the country could use a little bit of that backbone.