Author Topic: First Boar  (Read 1802 times)

Offline HuntingGirl2005

• Trade Count: (0)
First Boar
« on: March 15, 2006, 05:09:04 AM »
Myfirst boar I ever shot was at the Langley's ranch. A 50 yd. shot with a 30-30. My first boar weighed about 138 at the most. That same day my father had killed a small, black, crippled pig. Since, Mr. Langley had wanted the pig out of sight, he let us kill another pig for free. While my dad waited for the Best pig to come in sight, Mr. Langley and me went to go chase the pig. We chased the pig so that we could make them go to  my dad. Well, we didn't actually run after them though,  we would pick up stick and break them to peices, then the hogs would run. I got so close to some of the hogs laying in the brush that I got to poke some of the Pigs with sticks! When my dad saw the perfect hog, he took his muzzle loader off of safety, looked through his scope, and BOOM!  :gun4:  right in it's tracks. Hit his throphy boar right in the heart. As me and Mr. Langley went to go get the camera and the 4-Wheeler, dad collected the giant, black, hog.
After we posed for a few pictures,  8)  we headed down to Mr and Mrs. Langley's Cabin (for the guests to stay in) to skin, clean, and put the 2 hogs in the cooler. We fed the Crippled pig to the Coyotes and the Birds. After we got cleaned up we sat in the living room to watch Hunting Vidioes.
  That night i dreamed about my hunting trip. From now on even if i Don't kill anything, I think all hunts are 100% the Best!!!  :toast:
Jasmine Alexis Kay Smith

Offline huntmdown

• Huntmdown
Re: First Boar
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
Jas,
Congrats to you post the pictures!
my sweeter insanity... www.huntmdown.com

Offline HuntingGirl2005

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 09:56:19 AM »
Okay, so I happened to come across GraybeardOutdoors, after not being on here in over 7 years and came across this topic. I am going to be 17 years old in December and have killed well over 40 hogs, ive hunted with Tink Nathan and killed a few corsican rams. I havent been hunting much the past year and a half but i would definetely like to change that. Anyways the reason im posting here is because now that Im older I know how to post pictures now:)
Jasmine Alexis Kay Smith

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Well Jasmine, that is so cool!!   ;D

Don't worry about being away for a while, most of us can understand that a teenaged girl has better things to do then type back and forth with a bunch of old men!   ;)   Heck!  Even the young men among us would be old men to you!!   ;D   Not sure about the ages of the wimmins hereabouts...  :-\   And I ain't a gonna ask them!   ::)

But drop by and say hey once and a while.  And pictures are always good!!   :D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
Loved the story!  After a lot of research I would have picked the Langley ranch also ;)   

Congratulations on being a good hunter.

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »
good job!  ;D

(  or is it supposed to be this for a teenager? :-)    )
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline HuntingGirl2005

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
Will do  :) and thanks:)
Jasmine Alexis Kay Smith

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
great job
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »
Geat story and good hog!  It is an exceptional quality for a young lady (or young man) to hunt, to hunt hard, and to share that success with those of us on the GBO network.  You also must be in some game rich territory to have killed over 40 hogs, which I do not doubt for one second.  You have been fortunate in that experience.  Hogs are prolific, like squirrels and rabbits.  So shoot them ALL.  There is no "End of Line" with hogs.

I would like to direct you to the GBO Hog/Wild Boar Hunting Forum just a few rows above, if you have not already seen it, where like minded folks post quite a lot about hogs and hog hunting.  We would enjoy your presence there as well.

Congratulations and keep posting.  We thoroughly enjoy your recollections and we sometimes remember and retell our own stories.  :-)