Author Topic: Told you so (part two)  (Read 680 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Told you so (part two)
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:31 AM »
We were constantly told Romney was 'electable' and that's why we had to support him over Ron Paul. It is a Faustian pact with the devil to select the 'lesser evil' to win anything. You might call it 'pragmatic', I call it wrong.
But the ironic thing is that Ron Paul could have won - I say again, I had never seen such a diversity of support for a Republican.  Young, old, workers, businessmen, men, women, independants, all races.  I rarely see such intensity of support. Romney never matched it.
Rupublicans earned their defeat - they will need to select next time a candidate for all the people - not a rich man who, rightly or wrongly, was thought to be out of touch with the common man. Ron was different - Ron Paul is a humble medical Doctor and a veteran. His life spoke consistency and honesty.
God bless America, we will need it, even if we don't always deserve it. God bless Ron Paul who most likely will be unable to run again. Maybe God will send us more like him. 
And pray for Obama that he will be a better President than he has been.

"Given the closeness of the election in several key states, particularly Ohio — the state that put the President over the top — support from Paul’s voters would have made the difference. Ron got over 113,000 votes there in the GOP primary."
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/11/06/election-2012-ron-pauls-revenge/

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Told you so (part two)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »
Ron paul would have been the choice for me. 
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:12 AM »
Ron paul would have been the choice for me.
That would have worked for me.

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:08:09 AM »
The game was rigged against Paul from the outset.

Most people have no idea that Paul won the primary in Iowa, by the time the voting was actually sorted out, over a month later, it was too late and his momentum was gone.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
All those who mocked Ron Paul and told us we needed nominate the "electable" one have been proven wrong.

Even my mother, a lifelong liberal Massachusetts Democrat who voted for Ted Kennedy every single time and voted for Obama in the last election told me a few days before the election that she would have voted for Ron Paul if he had been nominated. I asked her why and she told me that even though she's a liberal she understands that bailing out banks with our tax dollars is one of the most evil things a politician can do and she no longer likes Obama or Romney because they supported it.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
Ron Paul lives on the street who bricks are paved with good intentions.

If Ron Paul really gave a damn about the country he would have been out campaigning for Romney.

Ron Paul is what Obama would be if he were a Libertarian rather than a Marxist.

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
All those who mocked Ron Paul and told us we needed nominate the "electable" one have been proven wrong./quote]

NO, they haven't.  You fellows can keep whining about it, but if he couldn't win the primary of his own party, he did NOT stand a chance of winning the general election.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »

If Ron Paul really gave a damn about the country he would have been out campaigning for Romney.

ROFLMDO!!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! Snort......wheeze......Gasp.......Oh MAN that's a good one! Thanx fer the chuckle!

Just in case the remote possibility exists that you don't get it.....Romney and the Republican Machine shut Paul out of the convention......wouldn't let him speak, didn't even invite him, didn't want him there.

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 01:41:33 AM »
All those who mocked Ron Paul and told us we needed nominate the "electable" one have been proven wrong./quote]

NO, they haven't.  You fellows can keep whining about it, but if he couldn't win the primary of his own party, he did NOT stand a chance of winning the general election.   ::)

YES, they have. In case you didn't pay attention, the "electable" Republican lost. Proof that he wasn't very "electable" in the first place. He didn't even get as many votes as the last "electable" liberal Republican candidate.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »
I like Ron Paul. Would have voted for him, had he been on  the ballot. Settled for Johnson instead.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:49 AM »
Virgil Goode makes Ron Paul look like a left wing extremist.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 10:10:38 AM »
YES, they have. In case you didn't pay attention, the "electable" Republican lost. Proof that he wasn't very "electable" in the first place.

In case YOU didn't pay attention, RP couldn't even get "elected" in the primary of his own party.  Sheeesh.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 11:14:03 AM »
YES, they have. In case you didn't pay attention, the "electable" Republican lost. Proof that he wasn't very "electable" in the first place.

In case YOU didn't pay attention, RP couldn't even get "elected" in the primary of his own party.  Sheeesh.

Exactly, the "real conservatives" wouldn't vote for him in the primary because they wanted to vote for the "electable" liberal. Remember? He was the only one who could beat Obama. Like the the OP said - told you so

Offline Gary G

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »

Read this and one will understand why Paul couldn't support Romney. Lesser of two evil voters and evangelicals, learn how you may have been sucked in:

http://lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo240.html
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
It makes no difference now.  What got the Muslim re-elected is so very plain, at least to me.  Gays, Mexicans, pro-abortion, pot smokers, blacks and entitlement proponents.  That, boys, is the real state of our nation.  It's overflowing with immorality. 
I think the saddest part of the whole thing is that the liberals can't see where they are taking their ownselves. 
But, the system is working as it's supposed to.  Free election.  If we have more liberals than conservatives, a Democrat gets in. 
I really believe we need to stop crying about it.  There's nothing we can do.  It's all going to blow up one day, whether from outside or inside. 

Offline Casull

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:34 PM »
He was the only one who could beat Obama.

Yeah, you guys keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.  Pure fantasy.  You do understand that all these millions of voters that you think would have voted for RP in the general election could have done so in the primaries, but apparently did not.  But, if it makes you giddy, then go for it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Gary G

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »

Yeah, you guys keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.  Pure fantasy.  You do understand that all these millions of voters that you think would have voted for RP in the general election could have done so in the primaries, but apparently did not.  But, if it makes you giddy, then go for it.
Well, several polls showed that Paul would beat Obama. Some political pundits admitted that Obama would be in lack of thunder when opposed by Paul. Admittedly, that is not any kind of proof. But we will never know since the election was guided in the direction that suited the oligarch, as anyone with eyes can see. Someone said, "if voting made any difference, they would make it illegal".
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »

I was referring to Romney as "the only one who could beat Obama" not Ron Paul. That is why a lot of people didn't vote for Paul in the primaries, they wanted to vote for Romney because he was "the only one who could beat Obama".

As far as Ron Paul beating Obama, we'll never know since everyone voted for "the only one who could beat Obama" in the primaries. Just because he couldn't win in the primaries doesn't mean he couldn't have beaten Obama.

Ponder this one - Republicans have already proved they will sell their soul & vote for a liberal named Romney just because he wasn't Obama. They ignored the fact that Romney's voting record does not represent their values just because he wasn't Obama. ABO was all we heard before the election. Had Ron Paul been nominated these same Republicans would have voted for Ron Paul just because "he wasn't Obama". On top of those ABO voters you would have had a passionate voting block that would have been excited to vote for Ron Paul. On top of that Ron Paul would have pulled more independents than Romney. This could have made the difference but we'll never know since Romney was "the only one who could beat Obama".

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
Just to help me a little. If Romney is sooo liberal. And with so many dems pissed off about the economy. Why didn't they switch and vote for the liberal Romney? I keep hearing it on the radio and reading it in the forums. But can not seem to figure out why.

Lonny

Offline Gary G

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
Just to help me a little. If Romney is sooo liberal. And with so many dems pissed off about the economy. Why didn't they switch and vote for the liberal Romney? I keep hearing it on the radio and reading it in the forums. But can not seem to figure out why.

Lonny

Lonnie,
Fear of the warmongerism. That and the fact that many know the one who has been giving them the goodies will continue to give them the goodies until he takes every last penny from the other half. Romney was an unknown in that regard.

---------------
Doublebass, of course, you are correct and have things in good perspective.

--------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I could not vote for Romney because to me all neo-conservatives (new conservatives) are liberals; imperialists and big government, deficit be damned. The democrats did not get us to an impossible  $222 trillion in unfunded liabilities all by themselves.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »

Lonny

Because with a Romney Presidency also came the right wing extremist social issues platform and un-christian budget platform .
You cannot alienate large demographic voting blocks and hope to win anything. As much as he tried to tact back to moderate center after primaries no moderates knew where he truly stood. He had all ready sold his soul to garner right wing extremist votes. Moderates did not know what he truly believed.  I don't think the man had any true core beliefs  - but if he did , he never conveyed them to me.  So even if some  may have agreed with his economic strategies they were very afraid of his possible extreme social legislative agenda.

For a party that supposedly believes in Liberty, freedom and small gov't , I sure felt when it came to social issues the party platform  was sure trying push their own beliefs on all both through rhetoric and legislative policies. Just because I don't personally believe in something does not me I want to take away the rights of others to decide for themselves or push my personal beliefs on them. It's between others and their God.

When your budget proposals are perceived as so alienating and support non christian values and beliefs to the point  where Nuns take to a national bus tour in protest your have already lost a huge swath of American voters.

That's why.

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »
 Then I bet it will really irritate folks if he takes the Buisness czar job huh? That would mean you get a 2fer ;)

Lonny

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »

Read this and one will understand why Paul couldn't support Romney. Lesser of two evil voters and evangelicals, learn how you may have been sucked in:

http://lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo240.html
Good article about these Straussian neocons and how they came out of the Reagan admin to hyjack our government.....Zakheim, Chertoff, Cheney, Wolfiewitz, Rumsfeld, Crystal, etc. who wrote the PNAC, 'new Pearl Harbour tome'.....a very scrurilous and dangerous bunch of ex-marxist turned Globalist,  who should be on trial.....you can take the red pill or the blue pill.
..TM7

Who remembers the conservatives of the Weimar Republic?  They were ineffectual and were rightfully replaced.  It is American whites who are to blame.  Why did they sign the 1965 Immigration Act?  That was one of our biggest mistakes. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
Why did they sign the 1965 Immigration Act?  That was one of our biggest mistakes.

It was a "compromise"! And as I've stated before, Compromise does not work for the right! It's a simple signing away of freedoms every time! ::)

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:43 AM »
"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the 'new, wonderful, good society' which shall now be Rome's, interpreted to mean: more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
Told ya a long time ago that Romney couldn't win, and told ya why

Political Issues Discussion / Re: Third-Party Candidate Could Rise Due To Voter Dissatisfaction
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
Well...........it is becoming increasingly obvious that this is NOT a two party system, in fact it's not really a system in which one can make a real choice...you may either vote for the Democratic parties system of socialism, OR you can vote for the Republican parties system of socialism.

Anyone who argues for true freedom of choice is derided and belittled. The "conservatives" here will simply not support a constitutionalist, nor will they stand up and fight for true freedom. They just demand that everyone vote in lock step for whatever socialistdemolib they have had foisted on them by the media and the political machine.

The truth is, there is no real difference between O'romney & Romabama, not where it really counts! ::)

Oh.........wait....there is a difference.........Romney can't win! That's why the media focuses on him!

But then, true freedom is terrifying to most apparently. Much like the Constitution most seem to think they can't live under it's original intent anymore. :'(

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
Why did they sign the 1965 Immigration Act?  That was one of our biggest mistakes.

It was a "compromise"! And as I've stated before, Compromise does not work for the right! It's a simple signing away of freedoms every time! ::)

That's right. We need to be a party without compromise.  A famous person said that.  We can just call him, "The Man."  He was right also.   ;)   

Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
I never expected Ron Paul to win, but I supported him. By his life and work he has done more for freedom in losing than Romney would have in 2  terms if he had won. All the recrimination and finger pointing now will not make anything one iota better. You can urge our congress to make the best deal they can and get on with it. Or, you can pee into a fan. Your choice.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.